🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diggin-N-Dumps said:
Jowlz said:
Rick, Check the thickness. That is a newer way that they are counterfeiting Chinese Pandas. The size and diameter are correct. The coin is thicker so weighs right. It's also much harder to detect a thicker coin in a picture...

This is true..I bought some "Replica Morgans for under 2.00 wih free shipping from China, just to see what quality they were, and i was very impressed/disgusted how close they are..I put my REAL Morgan on a scale...Then the Fake on the Scale..and they weighed exactly the same...then I checked Diameters....and they were dead on...But it was just a bit thicker...

I really dont understand how they can get away with this Shii...and the other day i see they are pumping out Fake Mercury Dimes!!....When is this gonna stop?

No time soon I'm afraid.

And get this they are also producing them inside of PCGS holders too, you won't be able to measure them.

Here is an email I got from a friend;

"Hey Rick,

Pardon my french, but do you want to see something really f****** scary? This is an email I got today:

"Dear friend
I am China coin seller ,i make Replica PCGS coin ,they have very high quality ,please see picture :

http://s758.photobucket.com/albums/xx230/rarecoin/

i can put any coin into PCGS box ,if you need please contact me ,also you can buy a few coins ,

you can check the quality first ,when you pleased with the coin then buy more coins ,

i am sure that you sell these PCGS coin will let you make a lot of money.

ps:the coin not mark "copy"

Best wishes for your family!

You friend:Taylor"

I have no idea how this person got my email address. It's scary how good some of these coins look, and how good the PCGS holders look. It's frightening to think about how many of these things are on ebay."

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rick (Nova Scotia) said:
Diggin-N-Dumps said:
Jowlz said:
Rick, Check the thickness. That is a newer way that they are counterfeiting Chinese Pandas. The size and diameter are correct. The coin is thicker so weighs right. It's also much harder to detect a thicker coin in a picture...

This is true..I bought some "Replica Morgans for under 2.00 wih free shipping from China, just to see what quality they were, and i was very impressed/disgusted how close they are..I put my REAL Morgan on a scale...Then the Fake on the Scale..and they weighed exactly the same...then I checked Diameters....and they were dead on...But it was just a bit thicker...

I really dont understand how they can get away with this Shii...and the other day i see they are pumping out Fake Mercury Dimes!!....When is this gonna stop?

No time soon I'm afraid.

And get this they are also producing them inside of PCGS holders too, you won't be able to measure them.

Here is an email I got from a friend;

"Hey Rick,

Pardon my french, but do you want to see something really f****** scary? This is an email I got today:

"Dear friend
I am China coin seller ,i make Replica PCGS coin ,they have very high quality ,please see picture :

http://s758.photobucket.com/albums/xx230/rarecoin/

i can put any coin into PCGS box ,if you need please contact me ,also you can buy a few coins ,

you can check the quality first ,when you pleased with the coin then buy more coins ,

i am sure that you sell these PCGS coin will let you make a lot of money.

ps:the coin not mark "copy"

Best wishes for your family!

You friend:Taylor"

I have no idea how this person got my email address. It's scary how good some of these coins look, and how good the PCGS holders look. It's frightening to think about how many of these things are on ebay."

Holy Hell!!!!..I got that same email..and it came with pics and everything....Same name...the email was from a " Swift Taylor"

How is this legal?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread