Another beauty and my first piece of pottery

TheTh3rd

Jun 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Knife,broken point and pottery shard??? Am I right?
image.jpg

Upvote 0
Thanks, I didn't notice the material on this one until I got home. It looked worked/knapped so I picked it up. Is it a tool because I'm finding a lot of these.... Same size and similar flaking pattern. Nonetheless I love the material and can only wish to find a point from the same stone.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

So you went from posting rocks to artifacts like over night? I guess now you know the difference rite? The knife in that shape can be a preform sometimes but most times if it has secondary flaking on the edges it will be a knife/ scraper. Okay I am going to share a photo with you. You should find these to seeing we arent far from each other and probably the same time frame of finds. Dont toss these if you find any. These chunks of flint are tools crude looking and some will still have the cortex on them on 1 side. The best way to describe them are wedges in shape cortex side being thicker. Hand held scrapers with a spokeshave section on them and some will have engravers. Im thinking Woodland period but hard to tell sometimes. rock
1st pic edge 2nd thick side. Cloudy outside so pic isnt the best.

Attachments

• SDC11328.JPG
    SDC11328.JPG
    611.9 KB · Views: 63
  • SDC11329.JPG
    SDC11329.JPG
    596.2 KB · Views: 58

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back