Fishstank
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Sep 18, 2007
- Messages
- 455
- Reaction score
- 53
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- 3rd Gen. Arizona Native
- Detector(s) used
- White's DFX, Ace 250, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Lucas said:Decorator/blazer button.
Vertical lines represent red, vertical and horizontal cross hatch = black. In real heraldry, you need a color and a "metal" (yellow/gold or white/silver), which this ain't got.


Lucas said:At the risk of repeating myself...![]()
Different line patterns = specific colors, and these colors make no sense in real heraldry.![]()
For me there's to much detail for it to be just a modern blazer buttonFishstank said:Thanks for your input. The yard had a shop in which they would repair stagecoaches back in the late 1800's. That's why I inquired about the button.
Fishstank

Looks like the backs gone MateCRUSADER said:it would help, if you showed some clean pictures of the reverse with no mudFishstank said:Thanks for your input. The yard had a shop in which they would repair stagecoaches back in the late 1800's. That's why I inquired about the button.
Fishstank

Silver Searcher said:
Real Heraldryas in 13c
so I couldn't commission a button with a shield on
SS

So somebody would go to all that trouble, making a 2 piece button with a considerable of amount of detail to the crest, for a common blazer buttonLucas said:Silver Searcher said:
Real Heraldryas in 13c
so I couldn't commission a button with a shield on
SS
You can commission any button you like. What I'm saying is, if you went to the College of Heralds (today, no need to find a time machine), and applied for arms that were Gules, a fess Sable, they would laugh till they cried.
Like playing cricket with a baseball bat. Ridiculous, AND against the rules.
As for the detail, one would think they would want their crest to appear as well, which it doesn't.
The thing is Lucas :P whilst I here what you are saying, it seems to me that a lot of buttons posted get branded this way...common blazer buttonLucas said:The shield is there, the crest is missing.
I'm just sayin'...doesn't make sense.
![]()
yes if it were a flat buttom with a guilded anchor, with a rope shot around, then yes. But this button seems to have a lot more going on for it, and the poster asked for help, for it to be just labeled as just, with out facts doesn't help the said poster. You are a very good Ider for Treasure net, who I respect very much, please don't take my cross oppinions in a bad way