Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

There was a horrible picture of the keys victim......it was sobering to see !! Be careful and trust your instinct....if it seems dangerous it probably is !! Everybody watch your back, and use the buddy system or you could just disappear !!

Upvote 20

Harold in Fla.

Jul 18, 2007
N.C
Detector(s) used
I use the excel 1000 have been since they came out.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

There was a horrible picture of the keys victim......it was sobering to see !! Be careful and trust your instinct....if it seems dangerous it probably is !! Everybody watch your back, and use the buddy system or you could just disappear !!
I've had one of them come close to me, i was lucky and i was swinging my coil back and fourth and on my left side i hit something and i turned quickly and out it came out of the water and it was about 6ft and then dashed right in front of me, a women was walking in the shallow water with her husbnd, and her husband said get out of the water!! well i kept looking all around me walking back in and it took me some time before i went back in for sure. Harold in Fla.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 attacks there last week....luckily no fatalities

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a slight encounter yesterday on my way out to the sand bar. Big lemon in 2 feet of water almost capsized me in its effort to flee....I startled him, and then he startled me !!

bkurent

Jul 20, 2023
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Had a slight encounter yesterday on my way out to the sand bar. Big lemon in 2 feet of water almost capsized me in its effort to flee....I startled him, and then he startled me !!
Was just down in Islamorada last month. Lemons everywhere from 2-3ft to a good 6-7 footer off our dock. Was going to underwater detect until I sent the Gopro down to take a look prior to jumping in.

bkurent

Jul 20, 2023
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I live near Hilton Head Island, SC. Just had a shark attack yesterday in waist deep water. Careful out there

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man it's crazy these days....I havnt kept track this season, and everyone always says the odds are astronomical that you would be attacked.....well when you get in the ocean everyday, or almost everyday your odds are better that you will at least have an encounter. I see sharks alot, and most encounters are harmless. It only takes one bad ass bull shark with a grudge to change you forever !! Even when your not bitten....the close call can create anxiety in the water for years later !! Even for me in some moments.

bkurent

Jul 20, 2023
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Man it's crazy these days....I havnt kept track this season, and everyone always says the odds are astronomical that you would be attacked.....well when you get in the ocean everyday, or almost everyday your odds are better that you will at least have an encounter. I see sharks alot, and most encounters are harmless. It only takes one bad ass bull shark with a grudge to change you forever !! Even when your not bitten....the close call can create anxiety in the water for years later !! Even for me in some moments.
Agreed. Our area here in SC is flooded with the most dangerous in my opinion, bull sharks, tiger sharks and scores of reef sharks feeding on the shrimp boat nets that drag right off shore from the beaches.

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My wife and I swam upon a giant Bull Shark snorkeling at Loe Key. It looked as big as a Cessna airplane. It gave us the evil eye then just drifted away. A bite from that guy would have been fatal. There were silver dollar sized Tarpon scales all over the bottom so he was most likely feeding on migrating Tarpon. That was around 2012. I'm sure he's still out there Bart.

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
the sharks are out in full force right now. Im a surfer in surf city nc. We've seen quite a few this summer...fortunately no attacks so far. Lots of food for them so I think thats keeping them at bay.

ou8acracker2

Apr 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Jax Beach and was down at the beach yesterday evening around 7:30 pm and there were people swimming laps just outside the break, kids splashing everywhere, paddle boarders falling off boards.

There is so much bait in the water and it was prime feeding time. It isnt the sharks being more aggressive, its the people being more stupid haha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread