Another day, another...

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not too shabby Ltrain, a few more silver dimes for the pile! Don't forget...your dream box is on order!!! :laughing7:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010
Better than nothing,

PS_ I'm fairly certain the rolling companies have employees who get first acess at the cherry picking, so on some cases, only what they miss ends up in boxes.. I also think that they use a machine to seperate out the war nickles because of the weight difference( war nickles don't weigh 5 grams.. do they?

I picked up $4 in nickles, $5 in dimes and $10 in pennies today... scored that silver quzrter from the machine and like 7 wheats plus lots of coppers..

keep at it!

OP
OP
Ltrain

Ltrain

Sep 13, 2010
I picked up ten bucks in cents too, gonna go through them in a little bit... did one CWR, the only CWR, that had about 10 coppers (Ehh) and one of those 50th anniv canadians.

I've found plenty of War nicks around here, I average about 1 per box, maybe a little more... I didn't use my usual bank this time, though, so that could have an impact... just glad my 4 boxes of halves will be arriving tomorrow, even if I'm gonna get cut off at one branch... ugh.

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010
Yeah I love pennies they are the best, especially the hand rolled ones because no coin roll hunters really re roll pennies, or very few, they always go into machines, so whether hand or machine wrapped it's a win win.

I pick the coppers and oldies of course, but I also check out the 1983's and 1984's for mint errors, especially the 1984 Lincoln double ear :icon_thumright: HAve yet to find one yet.

And as far as returns go, even though I'm not melting or selling the pennies, when the time comes, the double or even quadrupple face value I will get for the cents will be well worth it.

Good luck man! Can't wait to see more posts.

OP
OP
Ltrain

Ltrain

Sep 13, 2010
I'm actually going to the bar instead to drink away my problems for a night. :laughing7:

The cents will be taken care of tomorrow... don't worry, I'm sure I won't find anything special besides a few wheats and whatnot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread