What's new

Another Dutch Hunter Crosses Over

Sorry to hear about Mr. Clay Worst's departure, my condolences to his family and close friends. Never got to meet him, but learned a lot from what he shared with us. He was one of the best Dutch hunters of all, and could separate the wheat from the chaff better than most.
 
Via con Dios compadre.
FB_IMG_1614127358033.webp
 
Mr Roberts… why have not more Dutch hunters spoken more on this site about Mr Worst who arguably was the one of the biggest hunters of them all… I’m amazed quite frankly
rk85044
Few people knew much of Clay's private search for the LDM. He came and went from the mountains without fanfare and his searching was far off the trails and beaten track. Clay often spoke generally of the legend but kept his reasons for his searching and his areas for the search close to the vest. Many searchers tried to get clues and pieces of information from Clay and he was always respectful of others beliefs and theories.
There were things Clay would willingly talk about and then there were things he knew that he would never speak of publically.
 
rk85044
Few people knew much of Clay's private search for the LDM. He came and went from the mountains without fanfare and his searching was far off the trails and beaten track. Clay often spoke generally of the legend but kept his reasons for his searching and his areas for the search close to the vest. Many searchers tried to get clues and pieces of information from Clay and he was always respectful of others beliefs and theories.
There were things Clay would willingly talk about and then there were things he knew that he would never speak of publically.
That was the response I would have given to that question as well. He may have been a giant as far as LDM seekers go, but he was a quiet giant.
 
Clay was a huge pillar in the Dutch community. Don't judge the lack of forum responses as anything other than Treasure Net has slowed to a concerning point. Like many sites this one is starting to see its age and the net is moving towards other outlets. This is by no means to be meant as disrespect to the Moderators here. I hope Treasure Net is around for years to come as it offers a ton of info and a place for us to talk.
 
Last edited:
Today's Arizona Republic contained Clay Worst's obituary, which I've attached.

Clay was a dear friend and I will miss him terribly.

Clay once told me he tried to live by the Cowboy Code:
If it ain't true, don't say it,
If it ain't yours, don't take it,
And if it ain't right, don't do it.

One of Clay's favorite poems was a few lines from Jim Swanson's My Life is What Many People Dream Of, and it goes like this:
My life is what many people dream of,
and dreaming's what I do,
cause dreamers see all kinds of things,
most people never do.

I'll see you on the dusty trail my friend.

Az Republic b.webp
 
The dictionary does not contain the words necessary to describe Clay and what a truly great and wonderful man he was. I was one of the lucky ones to have know him as a friend. We took horseback rides together in the mountains and shared many hours talking about his life and accomplishments which were many. He took a likely to me because I never asked him about his Dutchman Hunting Secrets but as the years went by he did share some of the places he was looking and his camp locations. Clay is one of those persons who comes along once in a hundred years. As the previous post from the Arizona Republic proclaimed, Clay leaves behind a legacy of love, kindness and unwavering strength that will be cherished by family and friends forever. Clay is one of those persons who we can hold as a model for us to strive to emulate. He will be very much missed by me. Sincerely, Gregory E. Davis
 
The dictionary does not contain the words necessary to describe Clay and what a truly great and wonderful man he was. I was one of the lucky ones to have know him as a friend. We took horseback rides together in the mountains and shared many hours talking about his life and accomplishments which were many. He took a likely to me because I never asked him about his Dutchman Hunting Secrets but as the years went by he did share some of the places he was looking and his camp locations. Clay is one of those persons who comes along once in a hundred years. As the previous post from the Arizona Republic proclaimed, Clay leaves behind a legacy of love, kindness and unwavering strength that will be cherished by family and friends forever. Clay is one of those persons who we can hold as a model for us to strive to emulate. He will be very much missed by me. Sincerely, Gregory E. Davis
Well said Greg - I only met Clay a few times, but it was easy to see he was a special human being not only from how he spoke and acted, but from all the good things people around him had to say about him.

I wish I had met him 40 years ago!
 
rk85044
Few people knew much of Clay's private search for the LDM. He came and went from the mountains without fanfare and his searching was far off the trails and beaten track. Clay often spoke generally of the legend but kept his reasons for his searching and his areas for the search close to the vest. Many searchers tried to get clues and pieces of information from Clay and he was always respectful of others beliefs and theories.
There were things Clay would willingly talk about and then there were things he knew that he would never speak of publically.
Thank you…I understand now
 
I was over at Clay's. We were in front of the house. He had unusual rocks around the front. I told him I could tell where his search area was. He said how. I replied by the rocks you collect. You should have seen the look on his face.

Overestimated statement, told by someone who didn't hike in the Supertitions more than a mile from his car.
 
Overestimated statement, told by someone who didn't hike in the Supertitions more than a mile from his car.
only way you would know that if you were dogging him......why are you dogging him
 
Overestimated statement, told by someone who didn't hike in the Supertitions more than a mile from his car.
Hi Kraig
Why hike when you can drive up to the gold. Show the gold you found hiking. As Tom told me don't bother. Nothing in the volcano but fools searching in ash.
 

Attachments

  • FB_IMG_1690655115169.webp
    FB_IMG_1690655115169.webp
    114.9 KB · Views: 82
Hi Kraig
Why hike when you can drive up to the gold. Show the gold you found hiking. As Tom told me don't bother. Nothing in the volcano but fools searching in ash.
Being one legged , I might not hop off a mule (gas type or grass and grain powered type mule) and hike miles away from it.
Rather ; how about parking nearer or on a destination instead?
L.o.l.

R.I.P. Clay.
Then watch the desert happenings at your leisure.
 
Hi Kraig
Why hike when you can drive up to the gold. Show the gold you found hiking. As Tom told me don't bother. Nothing in the volcano but fools searching in ash.

Looking at the way you have flipped around the same two photos (except the middle one which is Tom's speciment from Mammoth mine), I can tell you what kind of medicine are you taking, and it's strong.
Just let you know you are not the only smart guy in the room.

RIP Clay, my sincere condolences to his family and to his real friends.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom