Another expert telling us that dredging is needed

Las Vegas Bob

Aug 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
time to get it cleaned up even though you didn't leave the trash! take some pictures of the cleaned up claim and of the claim markers and make a report of the "other people" comeing onto your claim and leaveing trash , maybe (hopefully) they will sorta sympathize with you ,BUT they still have you by the short hairs. you can claim this cleanup as part of your annual assessment OR all of it! I know these jerks that trash your claim really pzz everyonf off but unless your there 100% of the time theres no way to stop them!

I totally agree and am completely aware that you need to monitor the situation 100% of the time, I had some locals keep an eye on things when they could. But prior to the intrusion of the bike trail I did not have as many problems as I did after the trail was "improved" it was very remote. An occasional nugget sniper with a metal detector was expected and tolerated, but after the trail improvement the dredges or high bankers stated showing up.

Oh I cleaned it up, again and again. Although it is a federal law to damage or remove claim markers I could not get the Forest Circus to do anything about, "they were understaffed" so they claimed. Hello your understaffed because the government has made such a massive land grab they can not control it all.

In Nevada the government controls 78% of the land and they are increasing the size of "wilderness areas all the time. The BLM is like the gestapo out here, a friend who lived in a house in the desert on a mining claim died several years ago and the BLM immediately took control of his claim, his house and all his equipment, posting signs claiming the land and all assets were now theirs. Any way I sold the placer claim a long time ago so it is someone else's worry now.

Last edited:

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Look at the town now, it's sad, not much left. Guess they didn't count on the fact that the mountain bikers don't eat, and only drink water while they ride. that and they ride of into the sunset from whence they came in their 48mi per gallon econo rigs just as soon as they get back to town from their bike ride. Not much revenue to squeeze out of those spandex riding outfits. Rafters are no better. I can honestly say that everytime we go over there to go mining, I'm gonna drop at minimum a hundred bucks. That just about covers a full tank of fuel, Ice, and a last minute item or two before we head out for the final leg.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dredge ban has killed trinity counties economy,all dead along the river and in town,nuttn' but *&^%$# pot farmers left as logging dead for years too thanks to a horney lil'ol'owl-John

Las Vegas Bob

Aug 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at the town now, it's sad, not much left. Guess they didn't count on the fact that the mountain bikers don't eat, and only drink water while they ride. that and they ride of into the sunset from whence they came in their 48mi per gallon econo rigs just as soon as they get back to town from their bike ride. Not much revenue to squeeze out of those spandex riding outfits. Rafters are no better. I can honestly say that everytime we go over there to go mining, I'm gonna drop at minimum a hundred bucks. That just about covers a full tank of fuel, Ice, and a last minute item or two before we head out for the final leg.

Exactly, the government made money off my dredge permit, Id' work the claim three months out of the year so the I was in town once if not twice a week for my goods, the stores, gas station, restaurant all made good money off of me. And I sold some of my finds to the local jewelers so they made money as well selling nugget jewelry.

I recently went to a shop to sell some nuggets here in Vegas and the clerk asked me where I got them and I said "I had a mining claim but the government and the environmentalist ran me out of business. So the clerk says to me in a huffy voice, "well I believe in protecting the environment no matter what it takes". At that point I picked up my nuggets and told her "you can keep your tree hugging hands off my gold and that there is no way in hell am I going to do any kind of business with you or anyone". Actually it was a blessing that the loud mouth could keep her opinion to herself I went to another store and got a better price for my goods at another store.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread