What's new

Another find off the bucket list: 1864 Two Cent Piece

Masterdan407

Full Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2013
Messages
164
Reaction score
516
Golden Thread
0
Location
Finger Lakes, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Minelab Explorer SE, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had the flu this week so I have not been able to get out and dig. I finally felt well enough to go out and dig a little at the park around the corner form my house. I got there and on my first hit I got a 37-38 on the minelab safari and it was somewhat deep. At around 7-8 inches a quarter sized coin popped out and to my surprise I saw the shield staring back at me. It was a shock because most of the stuff I find there is from the late 1800's and early 1900's. I ended up also finding two wheats, 1936 buffalo, and a 1901 Indian. Thanks for looking.
IMG_20151022_192234_616.webp IMG_20151022_192247_052.webp
 
Upvote 26
outstanding.gif
Nice finds! Thanks for sharing...
 
Wow that's a nice 2 cent coin. You pulled 5 nice keepers. The 2 cent coin still eludes my coil.
 
That's in much better shape than the one I had to weigh, measure, ask opinions from Tnetter's, and judge from patina and the little remnants of a visible shield! Congrats on getting your 2 center.
 
NICE 2 CENTER YOU GOT THERE ......
 
That's a great find. One you don't see every day. Still looking for mine.
Dad
 
This has def been the year of the 2 cent piece! Great finds man!
 
That's a nice looking 2 cent piece.
 
That's a great old bucket list find all right.
Congrats.
 
Nice find!!! Not telling what else is hiding there!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom