What's new

Another first for me

SnakemanBill

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2008
Messages
411
Reaction score
233
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a few banks friday afternoon. I called ahead so I knew there were half dollars waiting for me. Picked up $60 in handrolls at one bank $40 at another and at the last bank the teller told me she had $100 worth, $50 in customer rolls and 5 envelopes with $50 in loose halves. As she was handing over the envelopes I could hear that wonderful sound of silver as she handed them over. Got to the car and went through the rolls first. Not too shabby with a 40%er or two in almost every roll. Then I started tearing into the envelopes. Each of the envelopes had three or more 40% silver coins including a 1993S Silver Kennedy half. Final haul was 47 40% Kennedys.
 
Upvote 0
Great pick up.

You got to love the sound of silver clanging as the teller hands over the goods.

Last week I had my new favorite teller at one of my regular pick up banks tell me she got $90 in halves in a retail deposit and asked if I wanted those along with my 2 boxes. Of course I said yes.

She pulls out a bag with loose halves and says she needs to count them out to verify. She starts counting them out as I'm counting my money and I can hear that sweet sound of silver "Cling Clang Ting" as she runs through that bag.

I could hardly contain myself. She than says. Yep there all here. and hands them over.... Gulp........ I look down at the clear plastic bag and I can see a Walker in there.

I ended up getting about a dozen 40%'s, 2 Walkers and a Benjamen. The boxes were skunk.

Mojo
 
Good job SMB........great total. I like pulling those silver proofs because you just don't find them very often so it is kinda like a treat.....candy for a kid.....ha!

Oh, the sound of silver.........yeah baby!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom