What's new

Another First!!! Pic Included

kbinski

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2008
Messages
82
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I found my very first PROOF today!!! A 1977S dime. A lady handed it to me in change at work, I noticed that it was extra shiny :wink:
I was quite happy with my find, not quite the feeling of a silver dime though.
The coin is lightly circulated but still looks great. It has the mirrorlike surfaces that dont show up in the scan.
Who the heck would break open a proof set just to get some pocket change? Their loss is my gain :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • Proof Dime (Large).webp
    Proof Dime (Large).webp
    19.1 KB · Views: 257
Upvote 0
Cool, I keep an eye out for wide rims when I'm checking dimes but haven't found a proof yet. The set was probably busted open by someone that found a "Deep Cameo" proof in the set and wanted to get it slabbed. Makes a lot more money off of that 1 coin than the entire proof set combined.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom