Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro, Quest x10 idmaXx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out to a site today that I have pounded several times over the past 10 years. The farmer had tilled the soil and made it much easier to hunt. I hunted three hours and found these. Made my
IMG_5624.jpeg
day. Civil war cuff button, fatty Indian head penny, a gold gilt flat button, what looks like part of a sportsman button, and a couple of ???

Upvote 30
Looks like some nice finds from the field. Most of the fields I search these days the farmers are no till. That has put the hurts on me.
Yes it is tough to hunt with large mounds in th fields. I have done it but hard to get comfortable.

Way to go Merf.
What year is that fatty?
Congrats Buddy.
MM
P.S. Do you realize that you and I both joined Tnet only one day apart?
Man, we must be old. lol.

Way to go Merf.
What year is that fatty?
Congrats Buddy.
MM
P.S. Do you realize that you and I both joined Tnet only one day apart?
Man, we must be old. lol

Thanks MM. not sure what year the fatty is. Will give it a ride In the tumbler tomorrow and hope it helps. I am 79 years young and enjoying the hobby mare than ever. Love the fact that we joined togeather way back when. Are you about the same age my friend?

Most of us on here are old, but what the hell if I can keep swinging I don't feel so old except when I go to stand up (Thank God for my 31" T handle shovel) or I couldn't do it anymore.

Thanks MM. not sure what year the fatty is. Will give it a ride In the tumbler tomorrow and hope it helps. I am 79 years young and enjoying the hobby mare than ever. Love the fact that we joined togeather way back when. Are you about the same age my friend?
Well, you have a few years on me old friend. I was born in 1960. The good ol' days. :tongue3:
MM

Well, you have a few years on me old friend. I was born in 1960. The good ol' days. :tongue3:
MM
You will have many more years to enjoy the sport my friend. The good thing about it that us old guys get a good cardio workout and enjoy it.

Most of us on here are old, but what the hell if I can keep swinging I don't feel so old except when I go to stand up (Thank God for my 31" T handle shovel) or I couldn't do it anymore.
It is a good cardio workout that us old guys can enjoy. I use my shovel as a cane when hunting the fields.

Congrats on your great finds! I wish our field permission would till!

IMG_5626.jpeg
IMG_5627.jpeg
IMG_5628.jpeg
IMG_5629.jpeg
Got out to a site today that I have pounded several times over the past 10 years. The farmer had tilled the soil and made it much easier to hunt. I hunted three hours and found these. Made my View attachment 2132805day. Civil war cuff button, fatty Indian head penny, a gold gilt flat button, what looks like part of a sportsman button, and a couple of ???
Could not read the date on the fatty, 18— something, too far gone. The civil war cuff button is general service, I found one just like it near the same spot a few years ago. The gold gilt flat button back reads scovill’s improved patent mint edge. It is a Civil war era button. The front is plain.

Well it has to be from 1859 to 1864.
If your able to read the last digit - you'll know the date.
"Andre Pencils" could help detail become more visible.
Good Luck !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back