GOT OUT FOR A WHILE TODAY. ME AND Etrac OHIO WENT Detecting. We got VERY LITTLE !!! I got a token from 1928 A blue jar . There was THREE GLASS BOTTLES

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unopened bottles of Budweiser that I left there . We only got one decent item . We were just checking out two spots /

tOKENA1.jpg
tOKENA2.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 22
Well beer in a glass bottle surprised me. Do you think it would be good still ?

Last edited:
Unopened bottles of Budweiser that I left there . We only got one decent item . We were just checking out two spots /

View attachment 2132779View attachment 2132781
Gary

Congrats in that old token. Ni e condition, also very nice blue yard.

An a beer for celebrating always is a good part of detecting.

Looks like a good spot for another visit

Congrats

Me and Etrac- Ohio went to two spots and I only found the one token and the Jar everything else we found was junk. We will not go back !! to either spot. On the spot with the bottles and jar there was a lot of cut stones there That looked like the 1800 type

A great looking Political Token that's in excellent condition - congrats ! :icon_thumright:

Harry M. Carpenter was born in Steubenville, Ohio in 1878.
He a was a School Teacher, Principal and he was the President of the Jefferson County, OH - Board of Examiners.
Later in life he became a Ohio State Senator for several terms.

Last edited:
Well beer in a glass bottle surprised me. Do you think it would be good still ?
A friend and I once got dropped off out in the Nevada desert to look for relics by a friend that was supposed to come back and pick us up a few hours later. 96 degree sunny day. After about 5 hours we were both out of water and started hiking the 15+ miles back towards the nearest ranch house. About 2 hours later I was feeling dehydration effects and not doing well.
My friend was about 20 yards away and yelled out "check this out!" and held up a full bottle of Corona. He then reeled back to throw it and I screamed "NOOOO!"
He asked if I was actually going to drink it.
Oh, hell yes!
It had some stuff in it swirling around, but, whatever.
That old, hot beer was one of the best I've ever had, and probably saved our asses.
We came across the 'pick up' friend about an hour later, high centered on a sand dune.

A friend and I once got dropped off out in the Nevada desert to look for relics by a friend that was supposed to come back and pick us up a few hours later. 96 degree sunny day. After about 5 hours we were both out of water and started hiking the 15+ miles back towards the nearest ranch house. About 2 hours later I was feeling dehydration effects and not doing well.
My friend was about 20 yards away and yelled out "check this out!" and held up a full bottle of Corona. He then reeled back to throw it and I screamed "NOOOO!"
He asked if I was actually going to drink it.
Oh, hell yes!
It had some stuff in it swirling around, but, whatever.
That old, hot beer was one of the best I've ever had, and probably saved our asses.
We came across the 'pick up' friend about an hour later, high centered on a sand dune.
WOW WHAT a reply :) Thank you so much for posting :) I am also glad you drank the Corona :) I am also glad you got back and made it ;) I don't think most people realize how dangerous it is to go out there prospecting !!! Have you had any other dangerous incidents even like dangerous critters (Snakes , Mountain Lions or such ?)

WOW WHAT a reply :) Thank you so much for posting :) I am also glad you drank the Corona :) I am also glad you got back and made it ;) I don't think most people realize how dangerous it is to go out there prospecting !!! Have you had any other dangerous incidents even like dangerous critters (Snakes , Mountain Lions or such ?)
I've had many encounters with rattlers, badgers, cougars and bears. Many close calls. People tend to drive through Nevada and think there's nothing but sagebrush out there. It's actually pretty populated with critters.

I've had many encounters with rattlers, badgers, cougars and bears. Many close calls. People tend to drive through Nevada and think there's nothing but sagebrush out there. It's actually pretty populated with critters.
WOW I sure hope your extra careful out there !!! maybe you could share some of your bad experiences with us ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back