What's new

another half-dollar question

adambomb106

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2009
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Midland City, AL
I have set a goal to get the equivalent of $1000 face value in 90% coins. My question is, how many 40% halves does it take to equal an entire roll of 90%? I came up with a rough estimate of around 45. Is that right?
 
Upvote 0
adambomb106 said:
I was meaning to equal the silver content of a 90% roll.

I know.....sorry, but I just couldn't pass that one up. At today's silver price, $17.37, just under 49 40% is about equal to one roll of 90%. Haven't figured out the silver content number though.
Anyway, you had a good question.
 
A roll of 90% has 7.15 troy oz of silver and a roll of 40% has 2.95 troy oz so it will be about 2.4 rolls of 40% to equal the silver content of 1 90%. Although the spread on the 40% is much greater so do not expect to trade 3 rolls of 40% for a roll of 90%.

HH,
65GT350
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom