What's new

Another home made scoop

fredinbelize

Hero Member
Joined
May 22, 2007
Messages
799
Reaction score
558
Golden Thread
0
Location
Huntington Beach,CA
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Whites Surf PI Pro
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
In the conditions I hunt I really just use a scoop to dig and spread the sand, so holes are not necessary. With this in mind I got 6" pvc and put a handle on it! It does not look like much but it really works great and digs deep quickly.
 

Attachments

  • PICT1056.webp
    PICT1056.webp
    407.1 KB · Views: 286
  • PICT1055.webp
    PICT1055.webp
    788 KB · Views: 345
  • PICT1054.webp
    PICT1054.webp
    844.2 KB · Views: 373
  • PICT1064.webp
    PICT1064.webp
    1 MB · Views: 367
Upvote 0
Whatever works for you is fine. But I think I would just have used a regular shovel.
 
In that case just use a shovel. Because if you have to dig very deep those screws wont last long..... try u bolts. I think your weak point is going to be the PVC will pull apart at the top by the handle.
 
Last edited:
I just don't see how you can use a shovel with one hand.
 
You would use the shovel just the same way you use your homemade scoop now. I never had any problem using a shovel with one hand. And for quite some time now I wear a strap around my neck attached to the shaft of my detector. So whenever I need to dig a bit deeper and want to use both hands I can let go of the detector and leave it hanging there right by my side. This strap is nothing sophisticated - I made it from some leash I had laying around in my garage. Works just fine for me.
 
Like you said 'whatever works for you'
 
make it all pvc. put plastic mesh on the back . no metal. all you have do is run your detector over the scoop to check for targets
 
15$ and I can't break it.
 

Attachments

  • image-810146171.webp
    image-810146171.webp
    43 KB · Views: 683
  • image-2609445498.webp
    image-2609445498.webp
    38.3 KB · Views: 679

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom