What's new

Another Incredible Week in Silver and Copper

waseeker

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
1,133
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of ya'll may recall that last week I got an 1899 Barber Quarter in the reject bin of the coin counter at my bank. This was in addition to some other silver quarters and some dimes. Well this week the reject bin only had 60 cents Canadian, but the dime bag for this machine was available as well as 3 cent bags.

The dime bag produced pretty well with 17 total silver dimes (15 Roosies and 2 Canadian), also, 3 older foreign silver coins (dime sized) and some other foreign.

HOWEVER, it was one of the cent bags that really produced. Last week one of the cent bags from this branch produced 3 IHC, making 4 for the year for me. I was really excited. At least until this week. One of the bags produced 36 Indians ;D

Dates:

Dimes 1952; 1952D; 1952S; 1953; 1956D (2); 1957; 1960D; 1964 (2); 1964D (5);
Canadian Dimes 1940; 1956

IHC: 1874;1880; 1882; 1883; 1886; 1887; 1890 (2); 1892; 1896; 1897 (2); 1898 (4); 1899 (3); 1900; 1902 (2); 1903 (2); 1904; 1905 (2); 1906 (5); 1907 (7);

Foreign:
1918 S Philippines 10 Centavos (Silver)
1945D Philippines 10 Centavos (Silver)
1988 Singapore 5 Cents
1946 5 Centavos Ecuador
1941/42/43 Japanese Sen
1905 Panama 5 Centesimo (Silver).

Needless to say I am thrilled with this haul and am wishing I had bought the nickel bag as well.

Thanks for looking.
 

Attachments

  • sept 16 silver.webp
    sept 16 silver.webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 472
  • sep 16 IHC.webp
    sep 16 IHC.webp
    26.3 KB · Views: 478
  • sept 16 foreign.webp
    sept 16 foreign.webp
    27 KB · Views: 484
Upvote 0
Wow I think I would get every coin they have lol. Congrats big time!!!! on question though are you not looking for wheats aswell?

-K
 
You just captured the whole tribe! wow, that is incredible.

when you buy a bag like that, do you take it back, and replace the ones you took out?
 
klava said:
Wow I think I would get every coin they have lol. Congrats big time!!!! on question though are you not looking for wheats aswell?

-K

Yes, I do look for wheats. So far this year I've found a little over 9,000 of them. The bag with the IHC only had 7 wheats and all of them were from the 1950's.
 
Narthoniel said:
You just captured the whole tribe! wow, that is incredible.

when you buy a bag like that, do you take it back, and replace the ones you took out?

No, a branch of the bank close to me has a coin counter that has a bin rather than individual bags by denomination. Since I can't buy anything from this branch it is my dump bank.
 
that makes sense then. And dude, 9000 wheats is a sick number. How many pennys have you searched to net that kind of loot?
 
Narthoniel said:
that makes sense then. And dude, 9000 wheats is a sick number. How many pennys have you searched to net that kind of loot?

I'm at approximately 1.2 million cents for the year. I haven't had less than 6 bags in a single week all year ( I get them from 3 different branches) and have had as many as 18 in a week when schools have penny drives. So that makes 6 bags per week at 5000 coins per bag or 30,000 cents a week for 38 weeks makes 1,140,000 cents. And as I say many weeks I get more than 6 bags.

I used to search every coin and found some nice newer errors, but for the past 18 months or so I've just focused on wheat cents. That way it doesn't take too long to search a bag.
 
I went ahead an nominated it for banner. I continuesly come back to this post and drool lol

-K
 
You sure that coin from Panama is a 1905... sure looks like 1904 in the pic....
 
You just captured the whole tribe! wow, that is incredible

shoot ...you beat me to it ;D
dude those totals are scary awesome...never heard of that many keepers from one bank....WTG :thumbsup:
 
GMan00001 said:
You sure that coin from Panama is a 1905... sure looks like 1904 in the pic....
.

GMan It is a 1904. Those durn fat thumbs strike again :icon_jokercolor:
 
klava said:
Are you hand sorting or using a Ryedale?

hand sort. Even if I had a Ryedale I would have to manually go through the copper to pull the wheaties. With the volume I go through I can't afford to keep all of the copper.
 
mistergee said:
You just captured the whole tribe! wow, that is incredible

shoot ...you beat me to it ;D
dude those totals are scary awesome...never heard of that many keepers from one bank....WTG :thumbsup:

Those totals beat my previous high by a bunch. Once a couple of years ago I did get 10 Indians in a single bag.
 
Very nice job! Definatly going to start coin roll hunting soon! Winter is just around the corner! :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom