Another "Key" Idea

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Re: Another "Key" Idea

:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D Yeah, I think Peter Viemeister (RIP) DID "cover" it in two of his books; I am NOT convinced. :D :wink:

OP
OP
T

tat2guy

Oct 29, 2011
Chester County pa
Primary Interest:
Other

I saw a video on google that someone did 3 years ago. They cranked up the music so you couldnt really hear them talk. Looked interesting, but I have other things to learn here before I go diving into the numbers game. Im finding alot of dates in our counrties history that fall into this time period. But Im also starting to like what Im finding regarding the Laffit brothers. :coffee2: :read2: :coffee2:

HH Jay

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

tat2guy said:
Anyone ever tried the Adams–Onís Treaty as the key??? Just a thought since it was written the same year as the first "deposit". And then ratifies in 1821. Just a thought, but crazier :tongue3: things may happen. O and this one's :coffee2: for Reb....

HH Jay

Jay.

I've put this information out here before it will stay with you a bit better if you look these dates up and do the math for yourself.

Date treaty was signed =
Date of first deposit =
Date of Beale's first visit with Morriss =

Date treaty was ratified =
Date of last deposit =
Date of Beale's second visit with Morriss =

Once you fill in these dates, take notice of the time lapses that fall between each event. :thumbsup:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Quotes From Laffite’s Memoirs.....(Food For Thought)

“Between the months of November 1818 and February 1819, my commune had 476,000 dollars put away.”

“….contrary to the Declaration of Independence, that sacred document which I have highly venerated to this very day, to which I, one day, sacrificed almost all that I possessed because I wanted to spare it from being trampled.”

“Not daring to spread forth that sacred document before the world, they lost their footing and renounced the true principles of the great American and French Revolutions, based on life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. To the very present I have been witness to the negligence with which the official powers have treated that sacred manuscript.”

“I often wonder at this very moment how many people in this very city of Saint Louis, even those so-called educated ones residing on the hill above the river, know the great Manuscript as the precursor of the body of the nation.”

“People wondered why I felt an interest in the masses of future generations.”

“My thoughts are always busy on the subject of future generations so that they will have life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, and love, peace, and tranquility to reign in complete mastery to infinity.”

“I feel happy; no one has found out what I personally posses. I have given presents to help other people, and now I feel more enthusiastic. My thoughts are always busy on the subject of future generations so that they will have “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness” and love, peace, and tranquility to reign in complete mastery to infinity.”

“People wonder why I felt an interest in the masses of future generations. The answer; Most of the gold that I possess was dug up and ripped from the earth upon the hardened backs of Mestizo Indians reduced to slavery in Peru in South America and in Mexico during the time when those provinces were under the iron fist of the Spaniards.”

“I have described my past; the missions that I accomplished, my true convictions. The greatest part of my wealth has been sacrificed without regret so that others may do good work, all of it without a trace, without leaving my name.”

“I do not hesitate from the beginning to be positive in my writings and my journal. I fervently believe that all future events can be guided with precision and certainty.”

“If God wishes to love the fifth generation to come, he will unveil the intentions and the spirit of the dead. And with my entire help!”

“My last secret words to Mr. Hall were to say that my mission would be to the south, to the east, then to the north. The majority of my personal valuables and my documents had been sent to Charleston, Baltimore, and Philadelphia.”

“We lived in Richmond from December 1829 until December 1830.”

“I was making to seize Cuba and annex it with Florida to the United States.”

“I was more interested in Cuba then Texas, Cuba was the Spanish reserve base for the suppression of the Mexican provinces,..”

“For secret commercial agent in New Orleans, I had Mr. De Ariza: he also had the responsibility of preparing for the secret occupation of Florida…”

“..Ambassador De Onis in Washington began to discover our secret plans in regard to Texas and Florida.”

“There was much at stake beyond Mexico and Texas. The province of Florida, another Spanish possession, was an additional subject of discussion which was addressed in New Orleans during the year 1817.”

“My second meeting with him (De’Onis) took place during my third mission to Washington in the presence of Secretary Adams and President Monroe.”

“No one knew the true motivation for my mission to Europe, I even opened a line of escrow credit in the banks of Paris to finance two young men, Mr. Marx and Mr. Engels, for the revolution of the workers of the world.”

“Inventions develop and endure. An international education will be necessary to face up to and march side by side with progress and the inventions which occur.”

“Three years ago I made contact with some doctors, chemist, inventors, men dedicated to astronomical research in Europe. I am fond of talking about progress and development. All men desire changes and total progress for the good and well-being of generations to come. I am one of those men who desire to see the cycle of change – whether I be alive or dead.”

“The greatest portion of the gold that I possessed was exchanged and applied to good use and financial assistance of idealist and inventors in France, Germany, Belgium, as well as some American inventors, too. This is my answer to the rare people who know me as to why have not used the gold in investments for private commercial ventures. My answer is always that the gold I captured and possessed was to be used like an army against those from whom I tore it, the Spaniards and English and the entire world that adores the yellow metal. What is the reality, the least known danger of all humanity, when it is amassed and adored to the point of creating greed.”

“It was always my pleasure and intention to take up any cause for liberty, snatched from monarchies or any kingdom.”

“Since my retirement as an advocate for others…..”

“I recommended to Mr. Hall, Mr. Campbell, Mr. Sherman, and those of Bolivar to keep to our promise and distribute the gold to the indicated places.”

It’s also worth noting that Jean Laffite spent a considerable amount of time in Saint Louis and that he even lived there for an extended period of time. Saint Louis was the city where the key to the Beale ciphers was suppose to have been kept in the hands of an unnamed party.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: :D HA! George Radar Brugh had the "KEY" at the Planter's Hotel in St Loo. :wink: :coffee2: :read2:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rebel - KGC said:
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: :D HA! George Radar Brugh had the "KEY" at the Planter's Hotel in St Loo. :wink: :coffee2: :read2:

:laughing7: Here....have another cup on me....... :coffee2:

K

Kentucky Kache

bigscoop said:
“….contrary to the Declaration of Independence, that sacred document which I have highly venerated to this very day, to which I, one day, sacrificed almost all that I possessed...”

Could that have a double meaning? Is he telling us he sacrificed, or invested, all his wealth in a hidden code within that document?

OP
OP
T

tat2guy

Oct 29, 2011
Chester County pa
Primary Interest:
Other

KK,

Nice catch, I missed that. "sacrificed almost all that I possessed"....could mean life, but most important to a pirate I think would be the reward or booty.

HH Jay

K

Kentucky Kache

tat2guy said:
KK,

Nice catch, I missed that. "sacrificed almost all that I possessed"....could mean life, but most important to a pirate I think would be the reward or booty.

HH Jay

He seems to be saying that he gave almost all his wealth to further the cause of what the DOI stands for. But maybe...just maybe there is a hidden meaning there too. It's fun to dream, right? :laughing7:

K

Kentucky Kache

Of course the greater thing is how the dates match up, and the last paragraph, which matches the Beale story so well: “I recommended to Mr. Hall, Mr. Campbell, Mr. Sherman, and those of Bolivar to keep to our promise and distribute the gold to the indicated places.”

It is something though, how this man had such a love for the DOI.

OP
OP
T

tat2guy

Oct 29, 2011
Chester County pa
Primary Interest:
Other

I doubt that he was expressing his love for this country :laughing7: He was on the lamb for a while if I recall. But the again he became a manufacturer of gunpowder :blob8: in the St Louis area. So on to dreaming that dream, golden dream.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: :D Jean? HA! HE was a DOUBLE-AGENT; to "spy" on Mexico for Spain, & a couple of countries are listed, as the SECOND "Spy-Ring"... thought it was USA! :coffee2: :read2: :coffee2: Coffee? :D

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

In the mind of Jean Laffite the Spanish and English were tyrants and he hated what both countries stood for in the worst way. It's important to understand that Jean Laffite was not a pirate, but rather he was a "privateer" operating on legal letters of marque and there was no limit to the number of ships he could have operating under these letters and everything was based on percentages in terms of profits. i. e., since Laffite held the letters of marque it was easier for him to recruit captains who wanted to operate in a legal fashion, thus it was all about "partnerships".

The second most important thing to realize is the period in which Laffite lived, vastly different then we might first assume to understand. For instance, presidents walked the streets without even a single bodyguard, half of the country was still unsettled and it's western boundaries unclear, Spain, France, the English, they were all still try to gain a solid foothold in at least part of the new world. What was happening in the disputed territory was huge, and what would later become of Florida was even bigger, and every interested party knew it. So with the French settling in the southwest (Texas) there was suddenly a lot of positioning taking place.

When Laffite met with Monroe, Adams and d'Onis in Washington, one of the topics discussed was prisoner exchanges, this at a time when the exact terms of the Adma's Onis Treaty were still being worked out. :thumbsup:

If you want to read about pirates buy books written about pirates. If you want to learn about privateers find other sources. :thumbsup:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

By the way, if have not read "The Fifth Generation" you'll find some of the information in it to be very interesting, though since it was written that general theory has been widely expanded upon and it now includes even a much larger scope of things. But the general notion, as well as the structuring of the dates and circumstances, still applies to the over all sheme of things. The Adam's Onis Treaty was huge, but the Monroe Doctrine was the real dagger that ended it all. :thumbsup:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: :D What time is it? WHAT IF... TIME! :D :wink: WHAT IF... it was a person by the last name of KEY, that was to see MORRISS? Bedford County, VIRGINIA has LOTS of ppl in history by the LAST name of KEY! In fact, below the Peaks of Otter is KEYTOWN! :o :coffee2: :read2: :coffee2: Coffee?

OP
OP
T

tat2guy

Oct 29, 2011
Chester County pa
Primary Interest:
Other

Hey Reb,

How about someone with the last name of "Key", that also shares some of the same "key" dates as the (BP)??? Mr Key tha was an attorney for a congressmen in 1832 and starting in 1818 was a member of the American Bible Assoc.

I remeber reading somewhere about a Colonel John Skinner, and the Mr Key was associated with him.

Am I getting warmer???? :dontknow: :read2: :read2: :read2: :coffee2: :read2: :read2: :read2:

OP
OP
T

tat2guy

Oct 29, 2011
Chester County pa
Primary Interest:
Other

This would be a very historically famous Key, Francis Scott Key. He was in a prisoner exchange with Skinner during the war of 1812.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread