M

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have had or been personally aware of product problems with garrett,whites and fisher.The small group I hunt with no one has a minelab.All three mentioned went out of their way to satisfy.I was duly impressed with each.

The thing I dont understand is why some are so brand loyal that they actually poke fun at owners of other machines.I couldnt care any less what someone else swings,as long as they are having a good time.Lf,by now,a particular brand of machine was truly outhunting all others....they would be the only manufacture left standing.

there are great finds to be had by swinging whatever machine you speak the language of.
cheers....and btw...go broncos,rams suck,ford rules,libs are silly,and I like blues the best.

I agree
. The most important part of any detector is the operator. Someone with a $5000 machine could be out performed by some one with a $200 machine.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Here's something to think about. You think all those repairs are free, but think again.
Example: A harbor freight pinpointer cost $16. I used mine for over a year with only one problem, the on button was touchy, so I replaced it for about $2.50.
Now think about the pro pointer. It cost $160 list. It has more problems listed in TN than the HF and most need to be sent back. It probably cost them less than $16 to make the pro pointer so they can repair or replace it many times and still make a nice profit. So who looses? You with the excess cost and down time.
Think about it! Frank...-
111-1 profileblk.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You get what you pay for, In reality if Your happy with what You buys then it's all good

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You get what you pay for, In reality if Your happy with what You buys then it's all good

True. But those of us without unlimited funds have to make a value decision whether the gain is worth the additional cost. For example, some people have no problem spending $40 for a digging tool that I can buy at Ace Hardware for $5.

OP
OP
M

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
True. But those of us without unlimited funds have to make a value decision whether the gain is worth the additional cost. For example, some people have no problem spending $40 for a digging tool that I can buy at Ace Hardware for $5.
Some people have the choice to use digging tools. Here in Spokane parks you have to use a screwdriver width 3/8 inch or less

woody_g

Mar 5, 2006
SPRINGTOWN TX
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 1000
I for one do not have unlimited funds hunted for years with same old detector a garrett gtax 550.found a lot of great relics and silver coins few gold rings here and there when I decided to buy something else I wanted I sold off some silver coins to fund it.but when doing so I bought garrett products because I know they stand behind them.and I don't bad mouth other brands just because I prefer garrett.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett has been in business for 50 years so I would say they are doing it right. I like their products and the service I have received.8-)

OP
OP
M

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got the parts from Garrett and they threw in a couple of extras in case I need them. I'm to ally happy with them. The new arm rest is twice as thick and ribbed. If you don't have the black one with ribs call them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread