Another reason why I go with Garrett and the At Pro

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This week I used my At Pro during a hunt and the arm guard cracked and broke. I've used this detector for a year and a half and it's taken some abuse. Today I called Garrett and they told me they have a new designed arm rest with ridges for strength. I also wanted a new foam handle and rubber washers for the coil mount. They lady said it would all be free and covered by the warranty. This is the way a company needs to do business now days. WAY TO GO GARRETT

MackDog

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Wow, you lucked out. In another 6 months your warranty expires.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Hay, you wouldn't need that warranty if it was made right the first time! I have a Whites XLT that is 13 years old. Never needed repairs and always comes up with the good finds. Now I do admit that some paint is peeling on the arm guard. lol Hay, my digger from A M Leonard is 13 also and it has a lifetime warranty which I will never need. When you buy quality, you don't worry about the warranty. Frank...-
111-2 700Warrior Head.jpg

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hay, you wouldn't need that warranty if it was made right the first time! I have a Whites XLT that is 13 years old. Never needed repairs and always comes up with the good finds. Now I do admit that some paint is peeling on the arm guard. lol Hay, my digger from A M Leonard is 13 also and it has a lifetime warranty which I will never need. When you buy quality, you don't worry about the warranty. Frank...-
View attachment 1009906

I tend to agree with frankn there made poorly and you will need that warranty ...it was disappointing buying the at pro after using the ace350 for 2 years to find out its just a water proof ace with a few bells and whistles completely the same performance and build quality

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well when things are good they become popular . Then they have to make more of them and quality goes down. Same with anything. Main thing they stood by the machine. Fisher labs did the same for me and I hope that Garrett will if I have problems. I already broke off the little curved rest on the back of the arm rest. No big deal though. We will see if it makes it through another season of creek hunting.

OP
OP
M

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The real answer is they noticed a design flaw or error and fixed it and also are willing to replace the item for free. Who else does this. They didn't ask any questions just said they'll take care of it.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent!

Something I won't have to worry about! :laughing7: :dontknow: sorry I just couldn't help myself.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, you lucked out. In another 6 months your warranty expires.
Wouldn't matter! Garrett just flat takes care of their customers. My brother broke is 18yo GTAX (his fault), Garrett sent him replacements parts…NO CHARGE!

Were NOT talking about Minelab here! (deal with it fanboys)

woody_g

Mar 5, 2006
SPRINGTOWN TX
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 1000
when I started out hunting bought a used garrett detector long story short it worked for short time then went out.sent it to garrett to see how much to fix it they called told me it had gotten wet and could not be fixed but they were sending me a demo they had no charge.needless to say they have a loyal customer for life.they stand behind their products.never had and of the old green machines armrest break but as they try to lighten up the weight of machines they may be a little flimsier but have tried to rectify the situation by adding ribs to strengthen it.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wouldn't matter! Garrett just flat takes care of their customers. My brother broke is 18yo GTAX (his fault), Garrett sent him replacements parts…NO CHARGE!

It is funny when you say stuff like this. I have three minelabs and never had a problem with any and one is 14 years old. I have had only two garrett products and both broke within months. even if they would send another I do not want to use a product that could and probably will go bad again. I think we got a fanboy situation alright.

OP
OP
M

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know a few guys in our club using mine labs and the other thing they don't got is as much silver

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know a few guys in our club using mine labs and the other thing they don't got is as much silver
At least they are not sending them to get fixed all the time. And you say they do not dig as much silver, I bet they don't got as many bottlecaps either.

Last edited:

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

I've read quite a few horror stories about Minelab.

One reason I went with Tesoro is because of their lifetime warranty. Now THAT is what I call standing behind your product.

OP
OP
M

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No matter what company makes your detector some will be flawed. This when you hope they stand by their product. So far Garrett has showed they do and care

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I do recommend getting a "Cuffer" (ebay) for the AT Pro. I slapped on one this last week and I am really liking it. Nice comfy feel and no more worries about the foam coming off the arm cuff.

G. I. Digger

Jun 19, 2008
Jefferson Hills, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO/Tesoro Sand Shark, NEL Storm Coil, Garmin GPS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No matter what company makes your detector some will be flawed. This when you hope they stand by their product. So far Garrett has showed they do and care

You are 100% correct MackDog! Every business has a service department in order to take care of imperfections. Metal Detectors, automobiles, TV's, appliances, you name it and guess what, yes, they break! What breaks on one may not be what breaks on another. The huge difference that seperates the men from the boys is how the customer is taken care of after the sale. Garrett obviously realizes how to keep folks coming back. Poor service spreads like cancer as you won't come back, you will tell others and it spreads from there, however, excellent service does the exact opposite! Great job Garrett!

Last edited:

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have had or been personally aware of product problems with garrett,whites and fisher.The small group I hunt with no one has a minelab.All three mentioned went out of their way to satisfy.I was duly impressed with each.

The thing I dont understand is why some are so brand loyal that they actually poke fun at owners of other machines.I couldnt care any less what someone else swings,as long as they are having a good time.Lf,by now,a particular brand of machine was truly outhunting all others....they would be the only manufacture left standing.

there are great finds to be had by swinging whatever machine you speak the language of.
cheers....and btw...go broncos,rams suck,ford rules,libs are silly,and I like blues the best.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread