What's new

Another refound "what is it" artifact

scepter1

Sr. Member
Joined
May 17, 2011
Messages
361
Reaction score
525
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Another refound "what is it" artifact

As I wrote in a previous post, I'm going through boxes of rocks that I had found in eastern Washington a long time ago. This find was from the 1970's, and it just looked like a weird piece of jasper. Now I can see that it is really an artifact of some sort - but what?

Rich.
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0012-1.webp
    DSCF0012-1.webp
    20.7 KB · Views: 421
  • DSCF0014-1.webp
    DSCF0014-1.webp
    33.8 KB · Views: 427
  • DSCF0015-1.webp
    DSCF0015-1.webp
    28.6 KB · Views: 413
  • DSCF0011-1.webp
    DSCF0011-1.webp
    35.5 KB · Views: 427
Upvote 0
Re: Another refound "what is it" artifact

it looks a little like an obrater but i though they were all made out of sandstone. so i better just say i do not know. Terry
 
Re: Another refound "what is it" artifact

That does look interesting ???. I can't say what it is :icon_scratch:, but it does look worked :wink:. The groove on the side has me stumped :dontknow:. It will be interesting to hear some thoughts on this one :laughing7:.
 
Re: Another refound "what is it" artifact

is it obsidian? it looks a lot like Glass Butte mahogany obsidian from Oregon. i have hunted obsidian there and seen many strange and almost man-made forms that were natural.
Cheers
 
Re: Another refound "what is it" artifact

I first thought that it was obsidian, but it's JASPER.

Rich.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom