Another road reconstruction yields seated quarter

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found a good site today. They are tearing up about 8 blocks of downtown. Only about 10% of the sidewalks have been removed so far. I found this seated quarter in a clump of dirt excavated from under one of the sidewalks. Had to leave early cause the rain came down in buckets about a half hour after I took the pic of the site. Once again, its a sea of mud. From what I can see, there is only about 4" of sand under the sidewalks before you get to black dirt. Can't wait for the rest of the sidewalk to come out.
Like Arnold Schwarzenegger said: "I'll be back".

Attachments

• 060505 002.jpg
    060505 002.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 353
  • 060505 005.jpg
    060505 005.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 352
  • 060505 004.jpg
    060505 004.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 347
Upvote 0
F

Floater

Sweet find. I would be all over that sidewalk like Free on a clear night in Lacrosse. ;) Good pics too. HH

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SSII & Fisher F75
Why do they tear the whole street out? Here all they do is resurface it...

That is one sweet looking coin though.

OP
OP
bk

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey omni,
I'm down in Rochester. Cloquet is way up nort. I hunted up there once... ground is too mineralized to get any depth.
I'll bet the winter weather is a little warmer where you are now too.
Thanks for your reply!

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
bk said:
Hey omni,
I'm down in Rochester. Cloquet is way up nort. I hunted up there once... ground is too mineralized to get any depth.
I'll bet the winter weather is a little warmer where you are now too.
Thanks for your reply!
Yeah, the ground up there is packed full of rocks, more rocks than dirt! I like it better here, but wish the humidity and the bugs weren't so bad! Good Hunting! omnicognic 8)

R

rusty nails

;D nice finds - i love the sidewalks and parking lots ~ ! its just makes allot of sense to hunt there.
l/b

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Nice find BK,Hope you can pull some more silver from the area.I missed my chance a few years back when they pulled up the main street and walks from one end to the other in my town in a rehab project. Town goes back to late 1700's.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good deal!

HH

Lonewolfe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread