Another Saturday at the Union camp

JimK

Aug 19, 2009
Central Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,
Here are the results for our trip back to the Union camp. We managed 13 bullets (2 fired) some epilate parts, the bottom from a saber scabbard (I think), a poncho grommet, a button back (don't you hate it when you look and find the back on one side of the hole and flakes of green on the other? Doubt I could have saved it but it sure makes you wonder). We also found some iron stuff including a heavy iron ring. This one is quite a bit heavier than the others we have found in the area. Any ideas what it went to? We had to leave before 3:00 so it wasn’t a full hunt but a fun one none the less. Thanks for looking.

JimK

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    243.7 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Upvote 4

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice group of finds. Cant tell from the picture, but is the object on the bottom left a Colt nipple wrench? COLT WRENCH.jpg

OP
OP
JimK

JimK

Aug 19, 2009
Central Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice group of finds. Cant tell from the picture, but is the object on the bottom left a Colt nipple wrench? View attachment 1230758

Thanks for the reply. No it is not, thiough I have found one of those at this location and almost tossed it thinking it was a broken buckle. What this piece looks to me to be is a broken wagon staple or tiedown.

JimK

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread