What's new

Another set of pretty silver ladies

John Deere Digger

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2007
Messages
1,208
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
So Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Prism5, Minelab SE
Have not had much time to get out this week with work and sick kids. Slipped out to an old park for thirty minuets to an hour three times this week and found the 3 mercs. All are in good shape except the one 42 that I scratched good, the 1917 s looks like it should be at least VF. The barber I found at an old house with a very small yard. Found it laying on top in the first five minuets by a rain gutter drain, but found only a few pennys in the rest of the yard. Only found six or so wheats all week, wish my silver to wheat ratio was always this good. Thanks for looking.
JDD
 

Attachments

  • 12-11-08.webp
    12-11-08.webp
    3.4 KB · Views: 531
  • 12-11-08 reverse.webp
    12-11-08 reverse.webp
    2.9 KB · Views: 525
  • 12-11-08 full.webp
    12-11-08 full.webp
    58.2 KB · Views: 554
  • 12-11-08 full front.webp
    12-11-08 full front.webp
    46.1 KB · Views: 535
Upvote 0
That 1917-s just might be a little better than you think,It sure looks good to me.Great detail and great full rims.
I wished I could find silver like that.
Congrats :thumbsup:

fortbball9
 
Nice hunts and silver. :thumbsup:
 
excellent day ... very nice Barber.

Congrats!
 
Thanks for the comments guys. Sorry about posting the same scratched 1942 as last week, found three 1942 mercs in the last week and got them mixed up.
JDD
 
:thumbsup: WTG Rodney. Very Nice Finds. If weather is good tomorrow I'll be out. Supposed to be very windy, but warmer.
 
Thanks Detectingfreak, Takoda, Bruce and crazyjarhead, I will try to get out tommorrow, time is limited again.
JDD
 
Congrats on a great hunt JDD. Hope you can come out and play this weekend. Sweet looking silver !!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Nice silver.
LUV THE BARBER.
 
Nice silver.

I'm a bit confused about the title 'silver ladies'. Mercury was a male God.
 
Thanks daytondigger, Gary and Bilker. I hope to make it out Saturday for a little while.
JDD
 
CRUSADER said:
Nice silver.

I'm a bit confused about the title 'silver ladies'. Mercury was a male God.
Thanks Crusader. The coin book I have said that Mercury dimes is the common name. I don't know where that nickname came from. The main thought was to represent lady liberty. Hope that helped.
JDD
 
John Deere Digger said:
CRUSADER said:
Nice silver.

I'm a bit confused about the title 'silver ladies'. Mercury was a male God.
Thanks Crusader. The coin book I have said that Mercury dimes is the common name. I don't know where that nickname came from. The main thought was to represent lady liberty. Hope that helped.
JDD

Thanks, now I'm learning. I thought it was suppose to be Mercury :D
 
GREAT SILVER FINDS. CONGRATS :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom