What's new

Another Shell Bead Necklace

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
7,826
Reaction score
7,076
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got this in trade a while back and just got some trays in finally to put it in. I added a few pieces of Pottery and a couple points. All from New Mexico. I counted the Necklace twice and got 400 Beads both times, but one fell off and I put it in another tray.
 

Attachments

  • 2017-02-17 20.14.15.webp
    2017-02-17 20.14.15.webp
    55.4 KB · Views: 104
Upvote 0
Really cool display. The painted shards and beads are awesome..
 
Sweet necklace and some nice shards there, that redware looks to have a pretty interesting design on it.

Again refreshing to see actual authentic artifacts with realist provenance.
 
Sweet necklace and some nice shards there, that redware looks to have a pretty interesting design on it.

Again refreshing to see actual authentic artifacts with realist provenance.

Yeah, that piece has a face on it. Not sure what represents though. Owl maybe?

The Disc has two holes on the other side but they don't meet. I have looked closely to see if it just dirt or debris blocking the holes but it's not. They just never finished them.
 

Attachments

  • New Mexico (112).webp
    New Mexico (112).webp
    51.3 KB · Views: 88
  • New Mexico (114).webp
    New Mexico (114).webp
    48.5 KB · Views: 81
Those are great. I have only 1 shell bead that I found, but I am on the lookout for others. They just are hard to find in this area. Nice display:icon_thumright:
 
Nice display ..... Beads are on my bucket list I have never found any..... At this rate maybe a single bead necklace one day..... 400 isn't looking good for me
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom