Another shoe buckle this one is fancy

tanz 82

Mar 16, 2012
N.mass- S.nh
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone date it ?? ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476127542.692182.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476127569.488688.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476127603.373475.jpg I found this one at my gun club which abuts the oldest ferry landing in my area

Upvote 13
Congrats on the buckle frame most of the frames and pieces I find have designs, the wealthy would have ones made of silver.

Is it silver? It looks silver to me. Maybe you used electrolysis on it, and that is why it looks that way.

You didn't say it was silver, but if it is, then it really is a super sweet find.

Congrats!

Is it silver? It looks silver to me. Maybe you used electrolysis on it, and that is why it looks that way.

You didn't say it was silver, but if it is, then it really is a super sweet find.

Congrats!

I did use electrolysis maybe it is silver I'll test it thanks

That's what I figured how ever do you think this person had wealth ? I only ask because I have never found one with design on it

Yeap a fair amount, at least upper-middle.

That is a gorgeous buckle! Congrats. -Lisa & John

Nice buckle, and silver ones are seldom seen, especially while. Home run!!

Awesome buckle find! I believe it is a Georgian shoe buckle dated from 1720- 1790, someone with better knowledge will definitely know for sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back