What's new

Another shoe buckle this one is fancy

tanz 82

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2012
Messages
563
Reaction score
1,311
Golden Thread
1
Location
N.mass- S.nh
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone date it ?? ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476127542.692182.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476127569.488688.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476127603.373475.webp I found this one at my gun club which abuts the oldest ferry landing in my area
 
Upvote 26
Congrats on the buckle frame most of the frames and pieces I find have designs, the wealthy would have ones made of silver.
 
Congrats on the buckle frame most of the frames and pieces I find have designs, the wealthy would have ones made of silver.

Ok normally I find buckles with no design at all
 
Is it silver? It looks silver to me. Maybe you used electrolysis on it, and that is why it looks that way.

You didn't say it was silver, but if it is, then it really is a super sweet find.

Congrats!
 
Is it silver? It looks silver to me. Maybe you used electrolysis on it, and that is why it looks that way.

You didn't say it was silver, but if it is, then it really is a super sweet find.

Congrats!

I did use electrolysis maybe it is silver I'll test it thanks
 
That's what I figured how ever do you think this person had wealth ? I only ask because I have never found one with design on it

Yeap a fair amount, at least upper-middle.
 
That is a gorgeous buckle! Congrats. -Lisa & John
 
Nice buckle, and silver ones are seldom seen, especially while. Home run!!
 
Awesome buckle find! I believe it is a Georgian shoe buckle dated from 1720- 1790, someone with better knowledge will definitely know for sure.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom