Another Sunday mud fest

JimK

Aug 19, 2009
Central Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,
Well we made it out again on Sunday for another day of sliding around in the mud. But what a great day to be out. We did fairly well over all with our finds but as always I have stuff that I need help with. We got a total of 5 .44 pistol pullets, 3 three ringers (2 pulled), one carved and cut in half 3 ringer. And 1 (what I believe to be ) a Merrill .54 cal (Please correct me if I am wrong). What I think is a .44 Henry cartridge (help on this please). We got a cool old key and part of another, 1 and ¾ shoulder scales, a little buckle of some sort (not sure what it went to). What I believe to be a barrel band (though smaller that the first one that we found), A couple bases of spencer cartridges, some kind of brass hook (help on this one please) 2 J-hook tops, a small disk that I think may be the base from a cleaner bullet. Though I am still trying to clean it I think that we may have got a section of a ram rod. Also near as we can figure the oval looking pieces is what is left of a shoe-horn from a shoe store in Danville KY. Then there is the really unknown stuff. I am sure that most of it is farm junk but if you recognize anything please let us know. Thanks for looking.

JimK

Attachments

• IMAG1462.jpg
    IMAG1462.jpg
    378.6 KB · Views: 79
  • IMAG1464.jpg
    IMAG1464.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 68
  • IMAG1466.jpg
    IMAG1466.jpg
    373 KB · Views: 79
  • bullet.JPG
    bullet.JPG
    282.2 KB · Views: 64
  • bullet2.JPG
    bullet2.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 66
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    219.9 KB · Views: 69
  • IMAG1467.jpg
    IMAG1467.jpg
    349.2 KB · Views: 70
  • IMAG1468.jpg
    IMAG1468.jpg
    395.8 KB · Views: 69
  • IMAG1472.jpg
    IMAG1472.jpg
    445.4 KB · Views: 77
  • disk.JPG
    disk.JPG
    193.8 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Upvote 8
Very nice collection of interesting finds, Congratulations!

Thanks everyone for the replys. We plan on going out to this site as long as the owners will put up with us. We have only hit one field so far. There are several more to go.

JimK

The loop with the bolt thru it looks like the clamp to hold the seat shaft in a bicycle frame.
John

Ya know it kinda does. But it is bigger than a seat post clamp. I am a vintage bike guy and have never seen one like it if it is one. But I am new to this stuff wich is why I am asking for ID help. Ya never know where stuff will turn up

JimK

Last edited:
Love that old key, would like to see it once it is cleaned...:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back