Another Tavern Button

ashdigger

May 29, 2005
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Recently we went back out to thre Tavern that we have been working and found an interesting button. We know that the Tavern was there prior to 1835 and was on an intercetion of two roads and next to water. We have found Spanish Reals at this area along with other buttons and many pre-civil war lead balls and several cival war minies. It appeares that this button was from the time frame from 1820- 1835 according to the manufacturing dates. As far as I can tell its a general service coat button, I cant read all of the back yet its still covered and I dont want to force it at this time. If anyone has any information please let me know. Thanks..

Attachments

• DSC00726.JPG
    DSC00726.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 213

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess is it's a US military button. Oh wait you already knew that, just messin with you. I still say it might be from the forced removal of the Indians. That would explain why the army was here. Another possibility is from a old soldier who moved here or was passing through and lost it near the tavern. I guess we will never know. But since no federal posts existed around here during the 1820's I guess I am inclined to think it was lost by a ex soldier passing through or the army passing through on the way west to pursue renegades.

momule55

Nov 9, 2006
Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra's The Great One's!!!
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have a cuff button just like that that I found on the Finley River, south of Nixa, 30 years
ago!! Yes, 1820's indeed!!!!! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread