Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I keep a running total of finds each year on my profile. There have been many days when I went looking for a Zincoln because my penny total was an unbelievable one like 222, lol. I guess we can forego the pics...this time. Lol.

Last edited:

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I despise clad because it gets in the way of the good stuff, but on the other hand it pays for new batteries and sometimes a few gallons of gas. There is an area of bay near me that people must use as a wishing well or something similar because it's always full of clad. I'm talking so much clad that at low tide you can just simply scoop up shovels of sand into a sifter and there will be at least $0.50-$1.00 in clad change each time. I once brought home $27 in change from just one trip, didn't even use the detector - couldn't use it even if I wanted to - because the sand there literally beeps no matter where you stand. I like this spot for its free clad but there is never anything else of value there so I don't usually go more than once a month just to collect what I know will be there. The best stuff like the gold and silver can only be found on Long Island's barrier islands where there are plenty of careless jewelry flaunting swimmers. 8-)

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep a running total of finds each year on my profile. There have been many days when I went looking for a Zincoln because my penny total was an unbelievable one like 222, lol. I guess we can forgo the pics...this time. Lol.

Good, but actually, I was kinda going for "No pics, it never happened". I was hoping I could. ;) LOL

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I despise clad because it gets in the way of the good stuff, but on the other hand it pays for new batteries and sometimes a few gallons of gas. There is an area of bay near me that people must use as a wishing well or something similar because it's always full of clad. I'm talking so much clad that at low tide you can just simply scoop up shovels of sand into a sifter and there will be at least $0.50-$1.00 in clad change each time. I once brought home $27 in change from just one trip, didn't even use the detector - couldn't use it even if I wanted to - because the sand there literally beeps no matter where you stand. I like this spot for its free clad but there is never anything else of value there so I don't usually go more than once a month just to collect what I know will be there. The best stuff like the gold and silver can only be found on Long Island's barrier islands where there are plenty of careless jewelry flaunting swimmers. 8-)

That's crazy hahaha!

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds like a typical day for me.... if I'm lucky enough to find that much

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I still hold the title for low score for a days hunt, a few years back, on the beach I got 1/2 a corroded zinc (not even a whole one!) and a hand full of pop tops! Go Me! ....not! Lol! Since that day it's all been looking up! Lol!
The other day I found a plastic play nickel laying on the ground, thought it was real till I picked it up!

As long as you have a spare key your good!

As the wise one said, "patience grasshopper it will come to you"

I celebrate your finds! Proves the detector is working and so are you!

unfound

Apr 15, 2014
Western Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350,
BH Tracker IV,
Garret Pro Pointer,
Lesche Sampson Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think I still hold the title for low score for a days hunt, a few years back, on the beach I got 1/2 a corroded zinc (not even a whole one!) and a hand full of pop tops!

If that doesn't make you a Titleholder at least your a strong contender. :laughing7:

I have to agree with WAHTIFIND as in: no pictures, it never happened. It's his story and he's sticking to it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread