What's new

Another what is it... (Solved) 1918 Flashlight End Cap

chukers

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
1,824
Reaction score
147
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I know the history behind the company.... Shapleigh Hardware... just curious what the item is and a date... this was found on a soccer field... I'm guessing this might mean there were houses there at one time... Also found a pocket watch frame and a spoon there...

Chukers
 

Attachments

  • Shapleigh.webp
    Shapleigh.webp
    97.4 KB · Views: 314
Re: Another what is it...

chukers said:
Well I know the history behind the company.... Shapleigh Hardware... just curious what the item is and a date... this was found on a soccer field... I'm guessing this might mean there were houses there at one time... Also found a pocket watch frame and a spoon there...

Chukers

Can you add a size reference to the picture? A few pics of the back/side etc would also be helpful. :wink:

(At first glance, the side of a tape-measure come to mind but it could be anything)
 
Upvote 0
Re: Another what is it...

sexnut from a saw handle?
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Re: Another what is it...

Blacksheep said:
chukers said:
Well I know the history behind the company.... Shapleigh Hardware... just curious what the item is and a date... this was found on a soccer field... I'm guessing this might mean there were houses there at one time... Also found a pocket watch frame and a spoon there...

Chukers

Can you add a size reference to the picture? A few pics of the back/side etc would also be helpful. :wink:

(At first glance, the side of a tape-measure come to mind but it could be anything)

Its the size of a US dollar coin
 
Upvote 0
Re: Another what is it...

IronSpike said:
A pic of the other side might help. Could be the bottom of a flashlight.

thats the best guess yet... it does have a partial screw like flange about 1/2 inch hugh though its flattened and its does have a silvery look to the front side... I think your pretty close the only thing missing is that it has no contact hardware like inside a flashlight. There is this red paper seal between the 2 pieces maybe even a dried piece of rubber...

I'm going to say thats it Ironspkie... good job!

Chukers

Thanks
 
Upvote 0
Re: Another what is it...

Added a link. Circa 1921 :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
and it only took 22 minutes! wow!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom