Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just purchased over 500 old 1960-70's pin-back buttons, at a quarter apiece. Offered to buy all, but it was the first day of the sale, so they wouldn't cut me any slack on the price. Poor lady running it had to count them all individually. Most are anti-Vietnam related, some Yippie, and Black Panther, a few S.D.S. Man, did this guy go to a lot of protests! Plan to go back tomorrow, and if any are left, try and buy them all.
Carl

Attachments

• Dscf2971.jpg
    Dscf2971.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 1,332
  • Dscf2970.jpg
    Dscf2970.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 1,771
  • Dscf2972.jpg
    Dscf2972.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 1,462
  • Dscf2975.jpg
    Dscf2975.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 1,506

MarkDz

Oct 1, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver UMax
Cool find. I bet you can sell a handful of those for $5-$10 each and make your money back in a hurry.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great find. Some of those buttons may be worth $20 to over $100 a piece depending. Make sure you do a completed listings search on Ebay for them. Use a few different search terms like, vietnam pinback, peace pinback, hippie pinback (some of the highest ones), and individual slogans on the buttons such as black power, replace the word button with pin or pinback too. People don't always list things correctly so you will find these using many different key words. Good luck and after you do some research, fill us in on the best ones you scored. With all those there has to be some good ones in it. Some of the highest selling are the ones that refer to acid or have a psychedelic look to them.

Here is an example-http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_nkw...inback"&_osacat=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

I gotta get outta here, sales to go to! Peace brotha! :headbang:

OP
OP
curbdiggercarl57

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggummup said:
That's a great find. Some of those buttons may be worth $20 to over $100 a piece depending. Make sure you do a completed listings search on Ebay for them. Use a few different search terms like, vietnam pinback, peace pinback, hippie pinback (some of the highest ones), and individual slogans on the buttons such as black power, replace the word button with pin or pinback too. People don't always list things correctly so you will find these using many different key words. Good luck and after you do some research, fill us in on the best ones you scored. With all those there has to be some good ones in it. Some of the highest selling are the ones that refer to acid or have a psychedelic look to them.

Here is an example-http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_nkw...inback"&_osacat=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

Thanks for the info, gonna try and grab any remaining ones today, ex-longhair, greedy Capitalist that I am!
Will keep all posted on the sales.
Carl

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Posts like this are why I need to keep reading, learning, listening, and researching. I cant even count the number of things like this that I pass up every single weekend... Not because I dont like the stuff but because I just dont know any better to buy this stuff!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CurbdiggerCarl57 said:
diggummup said:

Thanks for the info, gonna try and grab any remaining ones today, ex-longhair, greedy Capitalist that I am!
Carl
If you sell them on Ebay, let me know when you list them.

OP
OP
curbdiggercarl57

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jerseyben said:
Posts like this are why I need to keep reading, learning, listening, and researching. I cant even count the number of things like this that I pass up every single weekend... Not because I dont like the stuff but because I just dont know any better to buy this stuff!

I had no clue as well. I figured for a quarter each, what the Hell. Went home and started to research, was the first person at the sale the next morning.
Did miss out on a bunch of Post-Vietnam stuff, Gay-Pride, Pre-Roe vs Wade, and a lot of El Salvador stuff.
Even had a couple of 1960's gas masks!

OP
OP
curbdiggercarl57

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggummup said:
CurbdiggerCarl57 said:
diggummup said:

Carl
If you sell them on Ebay, let me know when you list them.

Will do.
Gonna take a while to research more, scan, photograph, crop, the whole eBay bit.
Carl

seychik

Nov 3, 2011
Denver Metro, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting, very interesting! Nice score on the 'buttons'. Historic for sure and rad. It will be fun to research those and re-live the sixties/seventies.

SEANO

Sep 16, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Sold them all.
jerseyben said:

I agree Jersey.

reapp

Nov 1, 2005
You should do very well with these. I once purchased approximately 500 FBI Most Wanted Posters from the 1940's-1970's which a retired postmaster had saved, and the best sellers were those for the leaders of the 60's anarchists groups. Weather Underground, Yippies, Black Panthers, etc. There seems to be alot of older radicals with money who collect this stuff. :headbang:

SCdigger

Apr 6, 2003
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher F75/F70, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have a feeling you're going to make a lot of money off this lot...keep us posted on the auctions.

GT

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you might make more money just go to Oakland or NY,NY and sell them. Those people have no idea what they are protesting. Now they can have a cause. ;D and all of those college kids can spend more of daddies money.

ButtonBidder

Nov 20, 2015
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other

Fantastic find, Go back and buy them out for sure as many of the buttons shown sell for $20+ and a few much more then that (on a good day)
I would love to buy some, My main field of collecting is Pinback buttons with the Vietnam era my current focus, I'm brand new here and not sure how to contact you or if you can contact me on this site, I can be found @ [(removed by mod for rule violation) the 1st site has some of my collection uploaded and my eBay has some of my over flow that's for sale, On either site just click on any of my items and you can post a commit or on eBay contact seller (me)
GREAT find and in my eye a REAL TREASURE W/ NET value ;) Thanks for sharing

Last edited by a moderator:

ButtonBidder

Nov 20, 2015
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep 5 years old and still getting posts but ya never know where or when a find might show up and what a find these would be.
Thanks Arts
Peace

OP
OP
curbdiggercarl57

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know this thread is 5 yrs. old, right?

And sadly, I'm 5 years older as well!
Sent you a PM ButtonBidder, hope you got it.
Ended up buying about 400 of them, and sold about 300, all at once.
Made a decent profit, (percentage-wise about 500%), but probably should have sold them individually on FleaBay.
When I saw what they are trying to sell some of them for just about had a heart attack.
(Whether or not they get the asking price is another matter entirely)
Did keep most of the Black Panther/Attica prison buttons, and a few others that I'll wear just to annoy people at work.
Carl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread