What's new

Anticipation killing me ....

Midnightrider08

Full Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
113
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Vt Border
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 & Bounty Hunter Quick Silver
Ok ... am I the only nothern body who just about had his fill of this winter ?

I got my gold panning kits (2) in the other day ... cause I thought I might want to try that ... still need to find a sluice .... If dredgeing is illegal is highbanking legal ?

I've ordered me a upgrade .... (Ace250) .... something I should have got to begin with before last years painful nail digging rookie season ...

I'm starting to see bare ground under the trees ... I got the itch ... the twitch ... I'm ready willing and able to go ....

I've had enough of winter ... anyone else with me on this ? What do you do during the down time of seasons to get your fix on .... I've resorted to second hand shops .... it's just sad state of affairs ... this snow is ..
 
Gee Wiz Midnight,

It's 78° here today, been out all afternoon. Didn't find but a quarter, nickel and dime but had fun anyway. What's the problem, get out there and start detecting.
 
I'm with you absofrigginlutly!!!!! I am totally sick of this stuff! I've had the itch for about 5 months now!! I actually dug my root cellar a couple of weeks ago out of desperation! All I found were nails! Bare ground is just starting to show. I'm primed and ready!!!!!! :tard: :tongue3: :laughing7: :BangHead: :drunken_smilie:
 
I'm thinking this yr I gonna get a big roll of black plastic like they use in greenhouses ...

cover my site before snow flys next winter and get me a salamander heater and run electricity the 3 football fields length from camp so I can digg my foundation in the woods thru the winter next year ... I'd make some good ground then ...

I definately won't let another winter slow me down ... New england or no new england ... this snow and ice and cold is enough already ...

Someday the kids will be out of school and I'm going to retire to the south or west or south west ... somewhere where there some action and warmth no matter what the damn month ...

Feb & march always been the worse for my psyche ......
 
I figure here in WI I should be able to get out in about 6 weeks or so!
 
mick56 said:
I figure here in WI I should be able to get out in about 6 weeks or so!
Thought you guys would be spearin' chubs with the waders on by now. The water's gotta be warming up!
 
The northeast has really gotten hit hard the last few weeks.

We try to spend some of our 'downtime' planning new places to detect or dig, getting permissions, checking out public land areas, new parks, etc.

Another reason why I miss Arizona (sigh).

I forgot what it was like to have a nice day - 60's or so, go out detecting, and get a super hit - only to find that 1 inch down, the ground is frozen solid :D and I can't even find out what the hit was. (here in South Dakota)

B
 
I have been fortunate to be able to get for a bit the last 2 weekends. Some of the digging was hard and some was impossible. Even though the ground was showing and the top 2 inches were mush, when I moved the mud, you could see the ice underneath.

I have managed to find about 8 or 9 dollars of clad this year and 1 silver quarter so far but I earned every sent I found with the digging.

Hang in, warmer weather is coming!!!
 
Why fight it? if ya wanna dig...head south. That's what I'm doin'!!! Leavin' Thursday EARLY mornin' and spending a few days diggin' in soft, cooperative soil, for a change :icon_sunny:
 
vibes said:
Why fight it? if ya wanna dig...head south. That's what I'm doin'!!! Leavin' Thursday EARLY mornin' and spending a few days diggin' in soft, cooperative soil, for a change :icon_sunny:
Yeah, I'm going to winter down south from now on-too much wasted time waiting around all winter every year.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom