What's new

Antimony oxide question

XtreasureX

Full Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
139
Reaction score
257
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good afternoon to everyone. I haven't posted in a while, I hope you are well. I'm recovering after a lingering illness. Now that I'm feeling better, I've been prospecting and have come across a situation that requires me to seek advice.
Since the price of antimony has gone parabolic, I decided to see what kind of deposits I could find in my area of Sonora. Fortunately, I found some locations that were claimed and registered as antimony/gold mines sometime in the early 20th century. I've already scouted the locations and recovered some samples that I believe are antimony oxides as well as gold bearing oxides in quartz.
This area is unusual in that it is a placer antimony deposit. The only one in north America. I can't find any photos or good information that can help me identify if I have found antimony oxide. The gold was easy to identify in the placer, it was also easy to identify the gold bearing oxides in the quartz.
Do any of you have experience identifying oxides of antimony?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20250303_152555911.webp
    IMG_20250303_152555911.webp
    2.7 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_20250227_165527000.webp
    IMG_20250227_165527000.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 79
Upvote 5
XtreasureX,

Sorry about the location having claims. The only positive method of identification of mineral or metals content in a rock sample is to get an assay done. All of this adds cost to prospecting. Fortunately you will have an assay and with photos to add to your personal knowledge! You can document your findings and add to your records on that property. If the claims are not maintained at some later point, you may decide if it is worth your time and expense to move forward. :occasion14:
- Geowizard
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom