What's new

Antique Brass Folding Magnifying, Glass Loupe

against the wind

Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2015
Messages
24,896
Reaction score
24,983
Golden Thread
0
Location
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recovered this item a few weeks ago but didn't know what it was. It was folded closed and encrusted. I let it soak in Olive Oil and tried cleaning it a little at a time. I final got it to open although it is still a little stiff. A little research and I found something on line that looks pretty close to it.
IMG_3117.webpIMG_3106.webpIMG_3107.webpIMG_3114.webpIMG_3116.webpIMG_3112.webpIMG_3111.webpIMG_3108.webp
 
Upvote 48
Thats a very cool find ATW. That one should display nicely in a relic case.
 
Always called that type of loupe a "Typesetting loupe"
 
That is a very cool find! It's amazing what comes out of the ground. Nice.
HH..
 
I agree with the general consensus--that is a COOL find!
 
That's a neat relic.
 
That is just about the most interesting and unique relic I can remember posted in quite a while. I would take my time and clean that one very well. Great find!
 
That is just about the most interesting and unique relic I can remember posted in quite a while. I would take my time and clean that one very well. Great find!

Ya know, when I first saw this, it reminded me greatly of some of the real old camera view finders. But, now, I'm thinking the same. This really IS an interesting relic!
 
Really old, cool, functioning find
 
Great stuff probably more good stuff in that area. Good Job love the history
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom