What's new

Antique Cup - but need more information

So many popups I couldn't even read the article! I could make out it was found in a river in Indiana? Monty
 
Upvote 0
Repost everything here. Too many popups to use site.

Daryl
 
Upvote 0
First of all welcome to the forum Idaho. But I have to ask why didnt you post your pictures directly here? You can still make reference to your blog but the popups are very aggravating. I worked fast to save your pics before the popups took over on the third try. One pic is jpeg the other was png so I converted it to jpeg. Also copied and pasted your writing.

Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Metal Detecting Finds - Antique Pewter Cup

The other day my wife reminded me that I had an antique pewter cup that I found metal detecting 24 years ago that I have absolutely no idea of it's origin. She thought that I should post it on this blog to see if my readers might have any information. It is very doubtful that it is worth much, but I would mostly like to know how old it might be, who made it, where it was made, etc.

When I found the cup I was metal detecting in a shallow section of the Mississinewa river in Marion, Indiana after the corp of engineers had opened the nearby floodgates to the dam. It was about five feet from shore under about a foot of mud.

When the flood gates are opened there are several places along the river bank where you can walk on dry land halfway across. It is prime hunting ground for metal detecting and bottle collecting during this time. I have found many old coins detecting in these areas as well as tons of fishing sinkers which I melted down to make my own.

http://idahotreasurehunters.blogspot.com/2009/04/metal-detecting-finds-antique-pewter.html (warning may still be popups)
 

Attachments

  • pewter_mug_small.webp
    pewter_mug_small.webp
    4.9 KB · Views: 227
  • pewter cup_marking.webp
    pewter cup_marking.webp
    3.9 KB · Views: 221
Upvote 0
From the company website: "Wilton Armetale Company is a family-owned and family-run business founded in 1892 by Ralph P. Wilton, Sr. in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Wilton Armetale products are sold in department stores and specialty stores throughout the United States and internationally."

There's one of your 'Horn of Plenty' antique steins for sale for $14.95 at www.triciastreasurehunt.com
 
Upvote 0
Likely Guy said:
From the company website: "Wilton Armetale Company is a family-owned and family-run business founded in 1892 by Ralph P. Wilton, Sr. in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Wilton Armetale products are sold in department stores and specialty stores throughout the United States and internationally."

There's one of your 'Horn of Plenty' antique steins for sale for $14.95 at www.triciastreasurehunt.com

Nice find!

Here's the link for those that don't want to go searching!

http://www.triciastreasurehunt.com/MetalWare/Pewter/Horn of Plenty/HornPlenty.html
 
Upvote 0
Monty said:
So many popups I couldn't even read the article! I could make out it was found in a river in Indiana? Monty

One more reason I run Firefox instead of explorer. No popups when I went to that site.
 
Upvote 0
taz42o said:
Monty said:
So many popups I couldn't even read the article! I could make out it was found in a river in Indiana? Monty

One more reason I run Firefox instead of explorer. No popups when I went to that site.
For some reason, there are no pop-ups anymore.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom