What's new

Antique gold poke

pyrennes

Tenderfoot
Joined
Mar 3, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
My Mother was given a Gold poke by her mother, This item is from around 1840, I would like to see were i could find information on its value and any thing else I can find. I have looked everywhere and came up empty. Appreciate any help
 
As with a lot of historic items, what you have may be hand crafted and not manufactured...and as to value, you may need an appraisal by a pro.
 
I certainly would not part with it my own opinion simply because its a family airloom and if ya tried to get it appraised there not going to give ya the fair market and tell ya o we will give you only this much but what they will not tell you whats it really worth. I have been a auction gallery manger and seen all kinds stuff and heard all the BS that goes with it its a cruel world be careful.
sincerely garrettman64
 
There are many antique fairs and shows where a person can bring items for legitimate appraisals...and not to obtain purchase offers...whereby they pay an appraisal fee and recieve an objective value...this is quite common, at least in our region of the country.

Many times, this is the only means to find the history and value of such items...
 
check the website for the Fred Holabird auctions. Once you are
on it there are options to search current and past sales. they specialize
in mining tools and relics and if anyone would know what a miner's
poke sold for it would be them. do a google search for "fred holabird"
and it will provide links in the listings. good luck, siegfried schlagrule
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom