What's new

Antique photograph of Rome

PatrickD

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2012
Messages
908
Reaction score
706
Golden Thread
0
Location
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone,

I have this old photograph and have always wondered what it is worth.

It is (including the frame) 45 inches wide X 22.5 inches tall. I have actually seen a painting of this exact scene hanging in a hotel lobby.

IMG212.webp

I have taken a few closeups of the photo. The detail is phenomenal.

IMG213.webp
IMG214.webp
IMG215.webp

I am not sure what time of day it was taken but it seems odd that there isn't a single person anywhere in the photo.

The frame is some sort of tiger wood. The paper backing is so old it is brittle and flaking off like chips of aged brown paper.

Any input or opinions on this would really be appreciated.

Thanks,

Patrick
 
I have gifted similar kind of old painting in a new and trendy way to my uncle. You can also try it by converting a copy of this picture into pop art pictures. These pictures look beautiful due to their vibrant colors.
 
I've got a similar object and have wondered the same thing. Mine is a Rome photo of The Colosseum. Here a some photos of mine. About the same size as your's.. Never gotten a good answer on value from anyone. I'm thinking they may have been a tourist item, also no people present. Sorry for the crappy photos but I just happened to have a few on my computer but not very good...


Maine_Jim

IMG_3703.webp

IMG_3704.webp

IMG_3706.webp

IMG_3705.webp
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3707.webp
    IMG_3707.webp
    218.9 KB · Views: 114

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom