What's new

✅ SOLVED Antique something-or-other. Anybody know what?

BruceofMD

Tenderfoot
Joined
Aug 2, 2017
Messages
4
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know what this is? I found it in the process of clearing out an old house in Cleveland. Could very well be over 100 years old. It doesn't really look homemade, but may be. No nomenclature on it. Folded up, it is 43" long. It looks like a stand for something. Note the metal piece that rotates back into one of the wood legs.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN4083.webp
    DSCN4083.webp
    1,009.4 KB · Views: 112
  • DSCN4089.webp
    DSCN4089.webp
    1 MB · Views: 86
  • DSCN4084.webp
    DSCN4084.webp
    194.8 KB · Views: 88
Welcome Bruce,
I have no idea what your piece might be, but could it have been some sort of drying stand?
 
Upvote 0
Ironing board from the 40’s missing the top is what I think it is

B0A924EA-86A0-468E-A403-D8E95A3E0D42.webp
 
Upvote 0
You've come to the right place for answers!
Welcome to TNet! :hello:
 
Upvote 0
No idea here. Ironing board stand sounds good, but the configuration is slightly different than the one WaterScoop shows. Good luck with a solid ID! Welcome to the forum from Oregon.
 
Upvote 0
It might have hung off the back of a door and folded up.
 
Upvote 0
It's part of a wallpaper hanger's portable table.

il_1588xN.710573499_ge7z.webp
 
Upvote 0
I believe Matt has it identified.
 
Upvote 0
Much obliged all! Don't know what happened to the other half. Actually didn't know there was another half! Now I can sleep. Next question is - what do I do with it. Are they still in use?
 
Upvote 0
I suggest you seek out the proverbial one-armed paper hanger. I'm guessing he only needs half a table. Although he's probably busy. :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom