What's new

WHAT A THRILL! Bucket lister + silver and arrowhead???

PenguinDetectsCA

Full Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2026
Messages
237
Reaction score
1,098
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Hi today I had a very enjoyable and thrilling day. Since I was Metal Detecting I didn’t expect this to happen but I actually ended up getting a bucket list find, my first ever complete old bottle. I saw a tiny bit of glass sticking out of the ground and thought nothing of it, until I found my first ever complete mason jar lid a few feet away. Thinking I might be on to something, I went back to the piece of glass and dug around it and I started to see the shape of a bottle!! I dug to the point where the bottle was half exposed. Surprisingly Not broken yet, I was starting to get exited. But the question was if the mouth was intact. I pulled it out and it was complete!! The bottle looks old too. Very happy.
IMG_4702.webp

No writing or makers mark does anyone know age?

Then I found found an arrowhead?? What? Is this a fake one guys? Never ever found an arrowhead before.
IMG_4706.webp
IMG_4707.webp


I also found 9 wheats (close to record of 13) and a 1951 Rosie. I also found my first ever Kennedy Half Dollar. A day of firsts.
IMG_4705.webp
IMG_4704.webp

Lid says ‘genuine Boyd for mason jars’
What is the item under the Mason Jar lid? Says ‘5’ and ‘made in USA’

Anyways Thanks for looking!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4703.webp
    IMG_4703.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4703.webp
    IMG_4703.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4704.webp
    IMG_4704.webp
    491.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Upvote 27
The porcelain lid is not a lid but a liner for the lid which was zinc and are often found corroded. The other piece looks like part of a busted up padlock..cool old bottle, any mark on the bottom and how bout a pic of the necks lip area...which is called the "finish"
 
The porcelain lid is not a lid but a liner for the lid which was zinc and are often found corroded. The other piece looks like part of a busted up padlock..cool old bottle, any mark on the bottom and how bout a pic of the necks lip area...which is called the "finish"
IMG_4708.webp
IMG_4709.webp
IMG_4710.webp
 
yeah, clear glass too.... lets just say 1900 and call it a day. Arrowhead does suspiciously look modern however... was it on the surface? Most can liners I find are broke.
 
yeah, clear glass too.... lets just say 1900 and call it a day. Arrowhead does suspiciously look modern however... was it on the surface? Most can liners I find are broke.
yeah, arrowhead was on the surface. suspicious.

also thanks everyone for the bottle ID, it fits the age of the property which was developed around 1905.
 
A little tip on the porcelain jar lid liner:

I use mine when fermenting vegetables in a wide mouth mason jar. They help hold the vegetables below the liquid.
Great when making quarts of sauerkraut
 
Your arrowhead reminds me strongly of the type that are sold at the local tourist traps. They are cut with a saw and then slightly knapped.
I agree that your bottle is likely late 1890-1910. It may turn purple if you put out into direct sunlight for several months. The longer it stays exposed, the darker purple it will become.
 
Your arrowhead reminds me strongly of the type that are sold at the local tourist traps. They are cut with a saw and then slightly knapped.
I agree that your bottle is likely late 1890-1910. It may turn purple if you put out into direct sunlight for several months. The longer it stays exposed, the darker purple it will become.
thank for the arrowhead id.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom