What's new

WHAT A THRILL! Bucket lister + silver and arrowhead???

PenguinDetectsCA

Full Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2026
Messages
237
Reaction score
1,100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Hi today I had a very enjoyable and thrilling day. Since I was Metal Detecting I didn’t expect this to happen but I actually ended up getting a bucket list find, my first ever complete old bottle. I saw a tiny bit of glass sticking out of the ground and thought nothing of it, until I found my first ever complete mason jar lid a few feet away. Thinking I might be on to something, I went back to the piece of glass and dug around it and I started to see the shape of a bottle!! I dug to the point where the bottle was half exposed. Surprisingly Not broken yet, I was starting to get exited. But the question was if the mouth was intact. I pulled it out and it was complete!! The bottle looks old too. Very happy.
IMG_4702.webp

No writing or makers mark does anyone know age?

Then I found found an arrowhead?? What? Is this a fake one guys? Never ever found an arrowhead before.
IMG_4706.webp
IMG_4707.webp


I also found 9 wheats (close to record of 13) and a 1951 Rosie. I also found my first ever Kennedy Half Dollar. A day of firsts.
IMG_4705.webp
IMG_4704.webp

Lid says ‘genuine Boyd for mason jars’
What is the item under the Mason Jar lid? Says ‘5’ and ‘made in USA’

Anyways Thanks for looking!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4703.webp
    IMG_4703.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4703.webp
    IMG_4703.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4704.webp
    IMG_4704.webp
    491.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Upvote 27
Hi today I had a very enjoyable and thrilling day. Since I was Metal Detecting I didn’t expect this to happen but I actually ended up getting a bucket list find, my first ever complete old bottle. I saw a tiny bit of glass sticking out of the ground and thought nothing of it, until I found my first ever complete mason jar lid a few feet away. Thinking I might be on to something, I went back to the piece of glass and dug around it and I started to see the shape of a bottle!! I dug to the point where the bottle was half exposed. Surprisingly Not broken yet, I was starting to get exited. But the question was if the mouth was intact. I pulled it out and it was complete!! The bottle looks old too. Very happy.
View attachment 2262637
No writing or makers mark does anyone know age?

Then I found found an arrowhead?? What? Is this a fake one guys? Never ever found an arrowhead before.
View attachment 2262643View attachment 2262644

I also found 9 wheats (close to record of 13) and a 1951 Rosie. I also found my first ever Kennedy Half Dollar. A day of firsts.View attachment 2262641View attachment 2262642
Lid says ‘genuine Boyd for mason jars’
What is the item under the Mason Jar lid? Says ‘5’ and ‘made in USA’

Anyways Thanks for looking!
Great work
Congratulations on your success
Thanks for sharing
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom