What's new

Antivirus Soft removal instructions

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2009
Messages
2,818
Reaction score
3,358
Golden Thread
0
Location
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'Antivirus Soft' removal instructions

If you have the 'Antivirus Soft' virus, it's annoying as heck but fairly simple to remove.
I've been hit twice already. I pasted this from another thread.


1. Restart your computer. As your computer restarts but before Windows launches, tap “F8” key constantly. Use the arrow keys to highlight the “Safe Mode with Networking” option and then press ENTER.

2. Open Internet Explorer. Click on the Tools menu and then select Internet Options.

3. In the the Internet Options window click on the Connections tab. Then click on the LAN settings button.

4. Now you will see Local Area Network (LAN) settings window. UNCHECK the checkbox labeled Use a proxy server for your LAN under the Proxy Server section and press OK.

5. If you already have Malwarebytes installed, bring it up. If you don't have it, now is a good time to DL it. Make sure you have the latest updates. (If you are installing it for the first time, it should already be the latest release)

6. Try a Quick Scan (malwarebytes) first. It showed as 3 files after my scan and I was able to remove them. If the Quick Scan doesn't do the trick, try the Full Scan.

If successful, re-boot system. Should work fine.
 
Re: 'Antivirus Soft' removal instructions

Haven't had any virus problems in over 4 years... I've had "virus attempts", which have kinda made me giggle and laugh a little... but none of them get to my computer thanks to (free) Avast! Antivirus. Spyware (in cookie form) seems to be the only little buggers that get by sometimes, but those are taken care of with a quick little scan with my (free) Ad-Aware software. Avast Antivirus also does a Start-up Scan for 32-bit Windows systems, which is essentially the same thing you're recommending to do for this "Antivirus Soft" virus... it scans during the bootup session, which takes place before any viruses have the chance to boot up when Windows loads. :thumbsup:

One last piece of software that I recommend is CCleaner! It tends to clear out most of the "junk" that bogs down your system while browsing the net... and kinda gives your system a big breath of fresh air!

None of these really use up much system memory, which is awesome!!

Bran <><

Ad-Aware Free Anti-Malware 8.2
http://download.cnet.com/Ad-Aware-F...045910.html?part=dl-ad-aware&subj=dl&tag=top5

Avast Free Antivirus 5.0.462
http://download.cnet.com/Avast-Free-Antivirus/3000-2239_4-10019223.html?tag=mncol

CCleaner v2.30
http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner
 
Re: 'Antivirus Soft' removal instructions

I see that Avast is using a female voice to announce update status now. I like it.
 
Re: 'Antivirus Soft' removal instructions

GopherDaGold said:
I see that Avast is using a female voice to announce update status now. I like it.

Yeah, after mine updated to the newer version (that's now more user friendly!) it about scared the beJesus out of me when it updated itself!!! :D
I'm still getting used to the female voice. I was kinda partial to the male voice...

Bran <><
 
Re: 'Antivirus Soft' removal instructions

Spooky said:
godisnum1 said:
GopherDaGold said:
I see that Avast is using a female voice to announce update status now. I like it.

Yeah, after mine updated to the newer version (that's now more user friendly!) it about scared the beJesus out of me when it updated itself!!! :D
I'm still getting used to the female voice. I was kinda partial to the male voice...

Bran <><

Huh...
My version must be older.
It's still, "random guy"

Scares me sometimes when I have the speakers turned up.

:laughing7:

Haha... I guess it is a little unnerving EITHER way when your speakers are up!! lol
I like the voice message because it lets me know my software is consistently being updated, which is the most important thing on my computer!!

Bran <><
 
Re: 'Antivirus Soft' removal instructions

Bran: I'm single so the female voice is welcome!
Spooky: UPDATE!!
 
Re: 'Antivirus Soft' removal instructions

GopherDaGold said:
Bran: I'm single so the female voice is welcome!

Right on then man... go with what works! :wink:

Bran <><
 
Re: 'Antivirus Soft' removal instructions

If you really want to be rid of viruses forever, then stop running Windows as an administrator. Run as a limited/standard user. Windows 7 makes this much easier than Windows XP ever did. I've been doing it with Windows XP for about 6 years but it has been more painful than I would have liked. But it has still been worth it. Linux users just laugh at Windows users running as admins. Linux users would never, ever consider running as ROOT all of the time. It's insane.

http://blogs.msdn.com/aaron_margosis/archive/2004/06/17/157962.aspx
 
Re: 'Antivirus Soft' removal instructions

As God is my witness if ONE Linux or Mac fanboy sullys my thread I will lock it!
:headbang:
;D
 
Re: 'Antivirus Soft' removal instructions

GopherDaGold said:
As God is my witness if ONE Linux or Mac fanboy sullys my thread I will lock it!
:headbang:
;D

Bahahahaha.... I'm GLAD to hear you're guarding your thread from the mass of sheeple. :laughing7:
Good thing my girlfriend doesn't access her T-Net account too often... on her Mac. Her whole family has been brainwashed. lol
But I'm still the one she comes to when her Mac is being stupid. :wink:
I even got her using Firefox on her Mac, which she likes MUCH better than Safari!

Bran <><
 
Re: 'Antivirus Soft' removal instructions

firefox is really sweet, it doesn't have the mass of garbage dragging it down like IE
 
Re: 'Antivirus Soft' removal instructions

Sniffer said:
firefox is really sweet, it doesn't have the mass of garbage dragging it down like IE

Most definitely!! Have you used the Adblock Plus & Flashblock add-on's yet???
If not, you REALLY should add them to your FF! I almost never see those stupid ad's anymore. And if I do, I can block them for good. ;D

Bran <><
 
Re: 'Antivirus Soft' removal instructions

Sniffer said:
firefox is really sweet, it doesn't have the mass of garbage dragging it down like IE
All I use is Firefox and I still got the 'Antivirus Soft' bug.

I like Safari too. I have it on my lappy but I only use it on my iPod Touch, (and that's as 'fanboy' as I get)
 
Re: 'Antivirus Soft' removal instructions

GopherDaGold said:
Sniffer said:
firefox is really sweet, it doesn't have the mass of garbage dragging it down like IE
All I use is Firefox and I still got the 'Antivirus Soft' bug.

I like Safari too. I have it on my lappy but I only use it on my iPod Touch, (and that's as 'fanboy' as I get)

Maybe you should think about switching virus software?
Firefox won't completely keep viruses or spyware from attempting to get on to your system...
I also use McAfee SiteAdvisor in my Firefox also. It helps when running searches on Yahoo or Google by putting different colored checks next to the website results for your search. This can keep your from clicking on sites that might have already been reported malicious previously!
http://www.siteadvisor.com/download/windows.html

Bran <><
 
Re: 'Antivirus Soft' removal instructions

GopherDaGold said:
As God is my witness if ONE Linux or Mac fanboy sullys my thread I will lock it!
:headbang:
;D

I hope you're not implying that I am a Linux/Mac fanboy. I assure you that is not the case. ???
 
Re: 'Antivirus Soft' removal instructions

Nah, they know who they are. :wink: You see them everywhere on forums and message boards with their patronizing superiority. They fail to realize that the reason Macs don't get...

No...Stop it! Must...not...

go...

there...

...
 
Re: 'Antivirus Soft' removal instructions

Ok. Yes, I've seen them a million times and I don't blame you for not wanting them here. :icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom