What's new

Any Alaskan prospectors?

IDAu

Full Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2024
Messages
146
Reaction score
165
Golden Thread
0
We may be moving to Anchorage (or somewhere out there), and I'm curious if there are any prospectors on here that live there.

Even if you don't live there maybe you know what it's like. Is there a ton of workable ground that isn't claimed up? Can a guy with a 4" dredge/high banker consistently get 2g or so a day?

I've never even been there, and I'm curious if it's like most people fantasize, or not even close.

I can't seem to get MLRS to show any claims, but from what I see from BLM they manage 7000 claims (140,000 acres?). That doesn't seem like much land that's claimed up.
 
Upvote 0
Ask Clay on " My land matters" ! He has the info your looking for ! I was in Alaska for 2 1/2 weeks but it was up North on Birch Creek with Mic Manns claim ! it was great ! Never been down South near Anchorage , But if you watched T.V. on Gold Rush you should have seen a lot of it OR at least the surrounding area! Good Luck if you do go there !
 
Ask Clay on " My land matters" ! He has the info your looking for ! I was in Alaska for 2 1/2 weeks but it was up North on Birch Creek with Mic Manns claim ! it was great ! Never been down South near Anchorage , But if you watched T.V. on Gold Rush you should have seen a lot of it OR at least the surrounding area! Good Luck if you do go there !
Sure haven't. I don't watch fake, trash TV.


That's where they film? Great, there goes the neighborhood :BangHead:
 
Sure haven't. I don't watch fake, trash TV.


That's where they film? Great, there goes the neighborhood :BangHead:
alaskagoldforum.x10host.com is about dead site but worth looking at. what few members are left are busy so traffic is slow; but knowledge might be forthcoming if you are patient i haven't tried any archives; but you can
 
I live in Kenai, about 150 highway miles fron Anchorage. Quality of ground depends on access. Most easy to get to ground is claimed although I am sure there are spots a guy can find with time. To find a place quickly or easily within 150 miles of anchorage where you can consistenlty get a couple grams a day average without buying a proven claim is definetly against the odds. Not saying it cant happen just saying a lot of guys are hunting the same spot.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom