Any body ever dive with the Mel Fisher group

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope. I would love to do that, but the cost is way too high.

redstar

Mar 31, 2012
Parkesburg, Pa
Detector(s) used
none, yet
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't dive , but do help on the dive boat sifting for emeralds, which is cool, have found a few and get to keep them. Those that dive, to have good positive things to say. I guess the price you quoted is non-member price.

OP
OP
R

River Hound

Dec 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't dive , but do help on the dive boat sifting for emeralds, which is cool, have found a few and get to keep them. Those that dive, to have good positive things to say. I guess the price you quoted is non-member price.

Is their a different price ?

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
No. Was offered a job to dive with them in 1973; and a second time, to dive with their contractors off Sebastian in 1975. Turned it down in lieu of a career goal, especially after completing college. During the early 80's, four salvors, while in the off-season, assisted me a few times in clearing vegetation and searching old Ft. Jupiter. I believe Bessie DuBois directed them to me as the site was huge and rough to clear and many volunteers could not handle the work of clearing by machettes. Another friend, who joined a non-profit dig group I began in 1981, and who I took relic hunting elsewhere, did dive with them off Sebastian sometime between the late 1980's and late-1990's. he found a Royal Golden doubloon and he was paid in pieces of eight. I have one I purchased from him.

treasure-1a.jpg treasure-1b.jpg

Last edited:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I met Mel right before his passing
Told him I been a TH'er for over 20 yrs and had my equipment with me
he offered me the "buy some shares and hunt and get a share"
told him I did not have that kind of money right then
he offered me to still go out and hunt - but would not get anything except the
experience - which I would have loved to try but my flight was in 6 hrs and I was with a group

OP
OP
R

River Hound

Dec 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casper-2 very cool Diving for real treasure what a experience that would be and to have met Mel wow

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread