What's new

Any body ever dive with the Mel Fisher group

River Hound

Full Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2011
Messages
172
Reaction score
67
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A week of diving with those guys seems very cool.I would love to dive for reel treasure.25 hundred ant exactly cheap but you may get lucky and pay for the trip. Just wondering if any body has any experience doing this
 
Upvote 0
Have not. My partners and I have talked about it.
 
Nope. I would love to do that, but the cost is way too high.
 
I don't dive , but do help on the dive boat sifting for emeralds, which is cool, have found a few and get to keep them. Those that dive, to have good positive things to say. I guess the price you quoted is non-member price.
 
I don't dive , but do help on the dive boat sifting for emeralds, which is cool, have found a few and get to keep them. Those that dive, to have good positive things to say. I guess the price you quoted is non-member price.

Is their a different price ?
 
No. Was offered a job to dive with them in 1973; and a second time, to dive with their contractors off Sebastian in 1975. Turned it down in lieu of a career goal, especially after completing college. During the early 80's, four salvors, while in the off-season, assisted me a few times in clearing vegetation and searching old Ft. Jupiter. I believe Bessie DuBois directed them to me as the site was huge and rough to clear and many volunteers could not handle the work of clearing by machettes. Another friend, who joined a non-profit dig group I began in 1981, and who I took relic hunting elsewhere, did dive with them off Sebastian sometime between the late 1980's and late-1990's. he found a Royal Golden doubloon and he was paid in pieces of eight. I have one I purchased from him.

treasure-1a.webptreasure-1b.webp
 
Last edited:
I met Mel right before his passing
Told him I been a TH'er for over 20 yrs and had my equipment with me
he offered me the "buy some shares and hunt and get a share"
told him I did not have that kind of money right then
he offered me to still go out and hunt - but would not get anything except the
experience - which I would have loved to try but my flight was in 6 hrs and I was with a group
 
Casper-2 very cool Diving for real treasure what a experience that would be and to have met Mel wow
 
If your a member, it is free to Dive.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom