Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked this up today, and can't really find any comps. It's a signed first edition, but I can't find another like it online. The closest I come to it are signed first edition paperbacks. Paid $1

429.jpg 428.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The town i live has an indoor flea market and there's a guy who has a booth that deals in books. He's in the flea market all the time as I am also looking for treasures. I'll show him your post and maybe get his take on what he thinks of your find. I've talked to him before on what I might seek in used books, but there's a lot of variations he described in what determines that and it seems to much for me to dive into, so I only pick out books that look interesting to read or contains good subject resources on topics like antiques and collectibles.
Used Books Denver | Coyote Ridge Books | Broomfield, CO 80020

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I assume youā€™re aware that ā€˜first editionā€™ is not the same thing as ā€˜first printingā€™. The edition number of a book remains at ā€œfirstā€ until there have been significant revision changes to the book itself and could have been churned out in large numbers for years. Within a particular edition, the publisher may have been ordering varying numbers of copies in batches, starting with ā€œfirst printingā€ of the first edition. So, a first edition of a book is not necessarily more valuable than subsequent editions (even if signed); but a first printing a first edition might be if the first batch had a low number of copies produced.

There was a first edition hardback with authorā€™s signature and dedication (dated 1996) that closed on eBay in August at just under $50

Shoshone.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SIGNED-A...83.l10137.c10&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

OP
OP
GibH

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I assume youā€™re aware that ā€˜first editionā€™ is not the same thing as ā€˜first printingā€™. The edition number of a book remains at ā€œfirstā€ until there have been significant revision changes to the book itself and could have been churned out in large numbers for years. Within a particular edition, the publisher may have been ordering varying numbers of copies in batches, starting with ā€œfirst printingā€ of the first edition. So, a first edition of a book is not necessarily more valuable than subsequent editions (even if signed); but a first printing a first edition might be if the first batch had a low number of copies produced.

There was a first edition hardback with authorā€™s signature and dedication (dated 1996) that closed on eBay in August at just under $50

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SIGNED-A...83.l10137.c10&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

Yes, I am aware. Some older books list the printing along with numbers printed in that run, modern books use a printer's key or number line. I appreciate the ebay info, that is what I was looking for. I checked, don't know how I missed it. Thanks!

edit: Actually, it's kind of weird. That result doesn't show up on the U.S. ebay site, I just tried searching it again.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread