What's new

Any Clock Experts !

mojjax

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
4,564
Reaction score
4,092
Golden Thread
0
Location
MAINE
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just inherited a bunch of old clocks . Any idea what type or style this one is ? It has no markings that I can find .
It's 59 inches tall . The pendulum is 10 and a half inches wide .

The clock does not have any bell or chime in it , so there is only one place to wind it .

Any info is greatly appreciated !!
 

Attachments

  • oh 036.webp
    oh 036.webp
    7.3 KB · Views: 272
  • oh 042.webp
    oh 042.webp
    20.1 KB · Views: 269
  • oh 041.webp
    oh 041.webp
    47.4 KB · Views: 266
  • oh 043.webp
    oh 043.webp
    31.6 KB · Views: 268
I am not an expert but I have been in the antique business for about 17 years and I happen to collect clocks. I have one similar to yours. I've been watching this site for awhile, didn't think my first post would be about a clock. Your clock is a single weight Vienna Regulator. A little earlier than normally seen. Your clock is from what the clock collectors call "The Early Period" of Vienna Regulators and is towards the end of the Biedermier Period(style) which is generally the 2nd quarter of the 19th century. I would guess 1835-1840. Vienna Regulators usually run in the $500-1500 range but can easily fetch in the thousands depending on maker. The movement is probably marked if you were to take it out, it's not that hard and usually a couple screws from the back. That pendulum is huge! I hope the others are just as nice. You have inherited a fantastic clock. Do I see an AMP connector holding the cat gut(pendulum wire) on?

gondiggn
 
Upvote 0
gondiggn said:
I am not an expert but I have been in the antique business for about 17 years and I happen to collect clocks. I have one similar to yours. I've been watching this site for awhile, didn't think my first post would be about a clock. Your clock is a single weight Vienna Regulator. A little earlier than normally seen. Your clock is from what the clock collectors call "The Early Period" of Vienna Regulators and is towards the end of the Biedermier Period(style) which is generally the 2nd quarter of the 19th century. I would guess 1835-1840. Vienna Regulators usually run in the $500-1500 range but can easily fetch in the thousands depending on maker. The movement is probably marked if you were to take it out, it's not that hard and usually a couple screws from the back. That pendulum is huge! I hope the others are just as nice. You have inherited a fantastic clock. Do I see an AMP connector holding the cat gut(pendulum wire) on?

gondiggn

Gondiggn is correcto-mondo! Congrats on inheriting the clocks. Breezie
 
Upvote 0
gondiggn said:
I am not an expert but I have been in the antique business for about 17 years and I happen to collect clocks. I have one similar to yours. I've been watching this site for awhile, didn't think my first post would be about a clock. Your clock is a single weight Vienna Regulator. A little earlier than normally seen. Your clock is from what the clock collectors call "The Early Period" of Vienna Regulators and is towards the end of the Biedermier Period(style) which is generally the 2nd quarter of the 19th century. I would guess 1835-1840. Vienna Regulators usually run in the $500-1500 range but can easily fetch in the thousands depending on maker. The movement is probably marked if you were to take it out, it's not that hard and usually a couple screws from the back. That pendulum is huge! I hope the others are just as nice. You have inherited a fantastic clock. Do I see an AMP connector holding the cat gut(pendulum wire) on?

gondiggn

"I'm not an expert...." sound like one to me!!! I'm inclined to take your word on this!.. :laughing9: :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom