Any clubs/people in N.C.

Z

zeuss69

i live in the Piedmont area would like to meet some new people and go dredging.I have some areas to go and would like to learn some new areas.Would like to do some dredging with some other dredgers.May learn a few things or i may could teach some new things.Ive been dredging for about three years but was renting a dredge now i have my own 4" with air that i got last year at the beginning of winter so i didn't get to break it in good!I'm modifying it with some wheels this week to make it easier to get in areas that the creeks may be a few yards away instead of carring it or taking it apart.Ill be a 100% ready after this week.Then ill be waiting on warmer weather or should i say water. And remember gold is every where you fine it but not every where you look!!keep searching and may all your pans be plentiful.

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
No gold up this way that I know of (NY), have you had much luck in the 3 years you've at it?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?kenb

OP
OP
Z

zeuss69

Thanks buckram!For the address.and to kenbTheres plenty in N.C. come on down and well finda some.N.C. S.C. and georgia is loaded ive had what ive found tested and it comes out 22k from the creeks here .Ive only used the dredge that i just got a few times and a few of those times my black matt has been almost full we find nuggets here but we have lots of course fine gold and pickers.

OP
OP
Z

zeuss69

I'll put it this way write now its warm out side but the water is very cold but went panning last sat.in Stanly county while deer hunting.Had pan on one side and orange clothes with rifle on the other side .Don't want to be shot at.for about an hour of digging with a small flower bed shovel and found ten pieces just testing around.So if anyone has the idea of going in cold water thats not to deep I'm game.I'm just itch en to go its hard having new dredge and not using it!!

hurricaneplumber

Tenderfoot
Jan 10, 2005
Upstate NY
Question on North Carolina beach hunting laws?

How would you go about finding which beaches you can and can't beach hunt? I've heard metal detecting on Hatteras Island is illegall, is this true? And what other beaches are off limits to metal detectors?

Thank you

Kevin

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
all national seashore , bird preserves,, and protected wetlands....hatteras and okracoke are off limits but know several people that detect there with no problem though,, may be just lucky not sure...kitty hawk has tales of upwards of several million buried there in the 1850's by banker pirates...

hurricaneplumber

Tenderfoot
Jan 10, 2005
Upstate NY
gldhntr,

Thanks. I am going to be camping at the Hatteras KOA, they say they have a "private beach" I wonder if that matters.

I just want to get out and do some swinging with the new machine. If I go in late evening I would probably get busted.

hohum what to do.....

Kevin

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
zeuss, if interested i can point you to location of several areas of gold mines in n.c. during the 1800s....about the largest area of mines around here is on caraway mountain...there is a church camp there that is on site of a gold camp...the area around this for quite away both direction had mines all over...we used to explore them in the 70s although i wasn't hunting then....we were able to find 28 mines in the vicinity and could go in over 20,, some very large too..i know the creek below has been profitable to several people.....also know of several other sites including a creek in greensboro that i have seen several large pieces of white quartz come out of with gold running ALL through it.......gldhntr

hurricaneplumber

Tenderfoot
Jan 10, 2005
Upstate NY
The beaches on Hatteras Island are part of the Cape Hatteras National
Seashore which is managed by the National Park Service. The park service
does not allow the use of metal detectors on the beaches of the National
Seashore. Some of the towns further north such as Nags Head, Kill Devil
Hills, and Kitty Hawk which are managed by town regulations do allow the
use of metal detectors. If you have any other questions, feel free to
contact us at (252)441-8144, by email at [email protected], or
visit our website at www.outerbankschamber.com.

SCV-MIKE

Mar 24, 2005
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites
zeuss & gldhntr, Can you both contact me directly? I live in Maryland and my parent in laws live in Wilson NC. So when we go to there place I'm always trying to find something to do, out of sight out of mind. In the near future we are moving to NC, I was stationed there when I got out of the Marines in 95. I wish I would of never of left!! I metal detect and gold prospect. I do all my prospecting in NC. I have a dredge with air, and also a dredge hibanker combo. So if you all can send me a e-mail.
Thanks Mike-USMC-SCV-DAV

SCV-MIKE

Mar 24, 2005
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites
Hay gldhntr. I wrote you twice and it gets kicked back and I do that e-mail spam quard thing and I haven't heard back from you. MIKE

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
should be able to get through now mike... had my protection set a little high,, gldhntr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread