65.9 KB · Views: 381
  • rock 01.jpg
    rock 01.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 390

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
pegmatite usually has large irregular crystals of quartz. Syenite contains very little if any quartz. I am not quite sure if Syenite is found in your area or not. It is not very common

Upvote 0

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its a cool rock toss it in a cool rock bucket we all have one im sure ,i do....

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Chagy

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Here is the rest of the stuff we found, just junk but we had lots of fun at the beach and in the Disney resort.....

Best,

Chagy......

P.S. any ideas on the iron piece.......

Attachments

• T.C. findings.jpg
    T.C. findings.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 333
  • barrel.jpg
    barrel.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 333
  • MD 009.jpg
    MD 009.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 331
  • T.C. findings.jpg
    T.C. findings.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 333
  • barrel.jpg
    barrel.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 331
  • MD 009.jpg
    MD 009.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 320
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Chagy

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
silverswede said:
Maybe its what I was told by a geologist was called Leaverite. Like if you see more like it you should just leave r' rite there.

LOL....thats what I was thinking..

Thanks,

Chagy.........

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
lucky1777 said:
Chagy, your rock looks to contain quartz,orthoclase feldspar and biotite mica. That combo would make it Granite. Hope that helps.
Sounds like Lucky knows rocks. I would say Granite also. Looks like the size used in driveways or landscaped areas. Although not indigenous to area, I watched truckload after truckload of fill trucked in, from who knows where, for Wabasso Bch. Doc says coulda been used as ballast.
If anyone deserves to find treasure on those beaches, it would be Chagy, all the effort spent. You don't find if you don't try!.
That is a very thick piece of iron pipe. I know of no pipe that heavy. Is it iron? Maybe from an old musket barrel? :-\ ???

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Chagy

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
bigcypresshunter said:
lucky1777 said:
Chagy, your rock looks to contain quartz,orthoclase feldspar and biotite mica. That combo would make it Granite. Hope that helps.
Sounds like Lucky knows rocks. I would say Granite also. Looks like the size used in driveways or landscaped areas. Although not indigenous to area, I watched truckload after truckload of fill trucked in, from who knows where, for Wabasso Bch. Doc says coulda been used as ballast.
If anyone deserves to find treasure on those beaches, it would be Chagy, all the effort spent. You don't find if you don't try!.
That is a very thick piece of iron pipe. I know of no pipe that heavy. Is it iron? Maybe from an old musket barrel? :-\ ???

BiggyC.

Thank you for those words...and yes I have try-ed allot....my wife tells me; Papi (that is what she calls me ) we never find anything and I keep telling her, (like Mel Fisher; Today is the day) and some day it will be the day....I always say; the one that seeks shall find.... You all know how it is......

Best,

Chagy......

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I have a good friend who has not harvested a deer in 30 years of huntng here in Florida, because he doesn't try hard enough.

Upvote 0

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
lol, sorry i just caught this, i dont wanna be a butt head but..... if you end up not wanting the rock, are you going to go all the way back to the beach to return it??????(according to your intro question)
p.s. unless you have ocean front property im sure you will just throw it back
Brandon

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
chong2mry said:
lol, sorry i just caught this, i dont wanna be a butt head but..... if you end up not wanting the rock, are you going to go all the way back to the beach to return it??????(according to your intro question)
p.s. unless you have ocean front property im sure you will just throw it back
Brandon
He has oceanfront property. :)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread