Any Excalibur Hunters?

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri
I was just wondering if there were any Excalibur (minelab) hunters out there and if so, how do you like your machines? I do not live by the ocean but have plans to go beach hunting sometime. I thought I could use it as a back up to relic and coin hunt here in the Ozarks. Anybody got something they can add to this?

Thanks all
HH..........gregd

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
i use my Excal about 3 days a week and my Sovereign about 3 also.i hunt 100% beach's...while i do think the Excal & Sovereign are the best detectors ever made for beach/water hunting, i think i liked the Tesoro Tejon and the Fisher 1270 better for relic hunting.Fisher's love Iron and Tejon's are deep.you dont need tone ID if you are Relic hunting,but on the beach or in the water the Excal and Sovereign are hard to beat!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dixie Digger said:
i use my Excal about 3 days a week and my Sovereign about 3 also.i hunt 100% beach's...while i do think the Excal & Sovereign are the best detectors ever made for beach/water hunting, i think i liked the Tesoro Tejon and the Fisher 1270 better for relic hunting.Fisher's love Iron and Tejon's are deep.you dont need tone ID if you are Relic hunting,but on the beach or in the water the Excal and Sovereign are hard to beat!
If you are not going wading at the beaches the Sov GT is the better choice for land and dry sand. You also have the advantage of being able to use a smaller coil for the trashy areas. For relic hunting you should turn Iron Mask off so your detector can respond to iron relics. Iron Mask is different from disc.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions