Any Experienced Fisher CZ users who switched to E-Trac...?

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

billydabeeg

Jun 23, 2010
west michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer, cz6a
I used a CZ6a for 7 or 8 years and then bought an Explorer. The CZ loves big deep iron.(It'll register as a coin) All the places I hunt are trashy so the Explorer performs much better with the small coil. Discrimination and depth I think are better with the Explorer.The CZ pinpoints better and the depth meter is better. The CZs are great machines but in my opinion the Minelabs are better.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
billydabeeg said:
I used a CZ6a for 7 or 8 years and then bought an Explorer. The CZ loves big deep iron.(It'll register as a coin) All the places I hunt are trashy so the Explorer performs much better with the small coil. Discrimination and depth I think are better with the Explorer.The CZ pinpoints better and the depth meter is better. The CZs are great machines but in my opinion the Minelabs are better.

Way back in the day I had a machine that did not like big deep iron. And that simply was not good enough. So I got a machine that liked big big deep deep iron. And it liked everything else so much more.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, goes from a cz to an Etrac......... Mike, don't do it!
Aw heck I'm just kidding. If I had the bread, I'd have two Etracs.

tmanly

May 28, 2010
If you want to find older stuff, deeper stuff, then you need an Etrac. Just don't think it will be overnight. It has a learning curve. but one day you will walk out turn it on and WOW, it will just click.. Etracs are weak on gold and will take a little longer and more diggin trash to find.

Tom in SC

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The CZ5 I used to have was very deep but digging through rocks and roots to pull up a super deep nail got old. I only have about 10 hours on my etrac but I have only dug one nail when I first turned the machine on ,rejected nails and have not dug any small Iron since. I am still learning it but it is a powerful machine and I would say it beats the CZ 5 in depth by at least an inch.

RandyNorthridgeCa

Mar 27, 2005
Northridge, Calif.
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F-75, SE, explorer 2 on beaches), CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went from a CZ 7A pro to an Explorer XS. Went to the Explorer 2, then the SE and now I swing the E-Trac. Any CZ is a great machine and the depth is just as good as the Explorer's/E-Trac but as far as ID'ing deeper targets in trash/iron the Explorer/E-Trac wins hands down. Bite the bullet and get the SE or the E-Trac, you won't be sorry :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread