Any experiences to share with one of these.

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been hoarding silver for over a year now and want to try my hand at plucking gold. Have any of you had any experience with one of these small portable hand dredge/bilge pump ? I have bad knees and can't kneel down on rocks etc. I figured while my back is strong ,I could still handle one of these. I could then separate and sift the small tailings more comfortably than kneeling and panning. Thanks in advance and Merry Xmas to all. Jim
http://www.qis.net/~rodando/Gold dredge ad web.html

Upvote 0

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have made a couple of them,There was plans on the GPAA website at one time,they also did a show of step by step making them.They do work pretty slick,but keep in mind gold will be underneath all the sand and gravel at the bottom of the crevice and probably wedged in there.You will need to get down there and loosen it all up then suck it out.I guess what I am saying is you wont be able to walk down the creek sucking out cracks and get rich.You then dump out the tube into a pan and pan it.

OP
OP
coolpix9

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
I have 2 photographer friends who spend 3 weeks at a time in the Eastern Sierras. While lugging their large cameras up and down the valleys etc., they have seen streams with what appears to them to be gold. Maybe yes, maybe no but I would like to tag along on their next trip and explore a few creeks. Strong arms I have, strong knees no way. Thanks for all of your input. Jim

JamesE

Ya' want to be careful cuz' what looks like gold is just MICA floating around, remember if you're seeing it, it's too easy, and if no one else is there diggin' it, it ain't gold. Then, but..., maybe they know less than you and me, take yer pan and screen. Keep yer mouth shut (except to me) if ya do find something that flattens and sinks. There's a lot of stuff that ain't been found yet. I have equipment and need someplace to be...also, James

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread