What's new

Any glass experts out there?

BenVa68

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2018
Messages
504
Reaction score
1,735
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Technetics T2+ Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The home owner who gave me permission to hunt his property found this buried behind his house. The property dates to at least 1870. I'd like to be able to give him some info on it if anyone knows anything about it. I know nothing about glassware.
 

Attachments

  • 20180429_134246.webp
    20180429_134246.webp
    483.8 KB · Views: 102
  • 20180429_134239.webp
    20180429_134239.webp
    394.7 KB · Views: 104
  • 20180429_134232.webp
    20180429_134232.webp
    506.9 KB · Views: 100
  • 20180429_134227.webp
    20180429_134227.webp
    560.2 KB · Views: 87
  • 20180429_134224.webp
    20180429_134224.webp
    322.4 KB · Views: 91
Not a pottery (nor glass) expert, but it’s a majolica style cauliflower pattern creamer, much like Wedgwood made (but doesn’t exactly match theirs). This listing has a group from Griffen Smith & Hill in which the creamer looks pretty close... but it’s the piece isn’t actually marked from that maker, so I don’t know if that’s right either.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/570568...ch_query=majolica creamer&ref=sr_gallery-1-17
 
Upvote 0
Thanks a lot for the info. That helps a lot. I't does look Very similar. I couldn't connect the mark to a maker either.
 
Upvote 0
Not a pottery (nor glass) expert, but it’s a majolica style cauliflower pattern creamer, much like Wedgwood made (but doesn’t exactly match theirs). This listing has a group from Griffen Smith & Hill in which the creamer looks pretty close... but it’s the piece isn’t actually marked from that maker, so I don’t know if that’s right either.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/570568...ch_query=majolica creamer&ref=sr_gallery-1-17
It does look similar to Wedgwood and Hull and Roseville. Because it is a knock off! Cool find but not a name brand maker IMO
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for all the info. I will pass it on to the home owner.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom